Fwiw, I've had CR6ZZ on my 914 for a couple of years and a few thousand miles now. Got caught out in rain after Luft 2017, and they seemed fine on the freeway...did better than I expected and MUCH better than, say, a 997 GT3 on the old Pilot Sport Cups. But then, that isn't saying much.

Still love the simple sidewalls and period treads, but will probably do 195/65R15 P6000s next time. Why? The Avons have, from what I can tell, stiff sidewalls—which, along with the Bilstein HDs on my car, seem to have a mostly negative effect on the street—and their "sweet spot" comes only when they're really heated up. On the street, in an old Porsche, I find it tricky to get them hot enough to get them into that zone. Part of the problem on my car may be further sorting of the suspension to dial it in, but I think the P6000s have a lot to offer for a street car. YMMV!

What I really wish were available were Yokohama A-008R IIs or even A-008Ps in 195/65R15 and 215/60R15. Or AVS Intermediates. Simple sidewalls and treads with +15~ years of tire tech over period tires. A real sweet spot for vintage Porsche tires...