I'm considering a set of Avon CR6ZZs for my car and I've run into an issue. I have 6 and 7R wheels and I want to run 185/70 and 215/60 which will give me exact overall diameter all the way around (25.2") and a 6" and 7" contact patch, which I consider ideal for look and performance on my '67 SWB.

The issue I'm running into is the Avons in these sizes are the A29 compound, which is described by Avon as; "VERY HARD COMPOUND FOR SALOON CAR CIRCUIT SLICK APPLICATIONS". If I was running 185/70 all the way around by using 6s at all four corners, I could choose their A30 compound, which seems more appropriate for aggressive street driving: "MEDIUM COMPOUND FOR CLASSIC APPLICATIONS". Both tires are DOT approved and have treads.

Before making a decision I was wondering if anyone has used the A29 tires and could tell me their impressions. I'd hate to lose my 7Rs, but I don't want to have a tire that would be dangerous on the street. Love to hear any thoughts on these choices and the compromises they require. The only other tire I have found in 185/70 & 215/60 are Firestone All Season High Performance or Pirelli P6000 Summer High Performance.

Thanks,
-Mike