Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Window Sticker Reference

'69 's' . . .

VIN = 119300761

See post #30 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hlight=storied
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Previous owner kept everything but the check he wrote.

Original Bill of Sale:

Original Window Sticker:

Original Order Sheet:

- Brian

1966 Mercedes 250SE Cab

Here's mine from my slate gray '66 911 coupe described here. This is what you got when you bought one from a German dealer.
    Last edited by 911E4ME; 06-11-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    Searching for engine case 903879

It is interesting to see how dramatically the prices increased among the samples presented.

Quote Originally Posted by 911E4ME View Post
    Here's mine from my slate gray '66 911 coupe. This is what you got when you bought one from a German dealer.
    This is not a window sticker, but an actual invoice. In actual fact, this is FAR more valuable than a window sticker, and probably more than the Kardex. It has all the info that would be found on the Kardex except for warranty service notes. Several things on this invoice not found on the Kardex are the order # (552.066), the invoice # (Rechnungs Nr,: 1264/66), the option codes and the relevant prices. I am certain that the invoice date would be entered on the Kardex as the Ausgel.am (Ausgeliefert am) what we call the delivery date.
    It would REALLY be interesting to obtain the Kardex and compare the info. If we could also obtain the info from the two production books, then we would have all the info pertaining to this car, and the complete picture of production and delivery with all the important dates. I wonder if the original owner is still around to tell his story. It is not often that this sort of document is found that can tie the production records and Kardex together into a complete picture. To me, this is the equivalent of the Rosetta Stone.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    This is not a window sticker, but an actual invoice. In actual fact, this is FAR more valuable than a window sticker, and probably more than the Kardex. It has all the info that would be found on the Kardex except for warranty service notes. Several things on this invoice not found on the Kardex are the order # (552.066), the invoice # (Rechnungs Nr,: 1264/66), the option codes and the relevant prices. I am certain that the invoice date would be entered on the Kardex as the Ausgel.am (Ausgeliefert am) what we call the delivery date.
    It would REALLY be interesting to obtain the Kardex and compare the info. If we could also obtain the info from the two production books, then we would have all the info pertaining to this car, and the complete picture of production and delivery with all the important dates. I wonder if the original owner is still around to tell his story. It is not often that this sort of document is found that can tie the production records and Kardex together into a complete picture. To me, this is the equivalent of the Rosetta Stone.
    *Very* cool! This "invoice" was so detailed that I didn't pony up the $220 to get a copy of the Kardex, especially since my car does not have the original engine. This is the car featured in Excellence this month:

http://excellence-mag.com/issues/220...s/great-escape

The original owner is no longer with us, but he kept all of the correspondence with the salesman (an interesting story in itself) and all the export and import details. Here's a link with detailed photos of my car and all the documentation if you're interested:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074625...ayRedInterior#

I thought this document below was the "invoice" and the document above was the German window sticker given to the owner upon delivery.
    Last edited by 911E4ME; 06-11-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Searching for engine case 903879

Oh WOW! The Sales Order! It just keeps getting better, and I have not yet followed the link. This could be the best documented 911 yet.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

'72 's' . . .

VIN = 9112301500

Post #162 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...al-cars/page17

We Can Be Heroes

'73 'e' . . .

VIN = 9113201132

See post #38 . . .