Thread: Iphone Mobile Access

Iphone Mobile Access

I'm on the go A LOT so it would be great if you could add the vBulletin Mobile Suite to the forum?

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/

Thanks!

Michael
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mmeldrum21 View Post
    I'm on the go A LOT so it would be great if you could add the vBulletin Mobile Suite to the forum?

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/

Thanks!

Michael
    This site is using an older version of vBulletin, 4.2.2, which doesn't support forum runner. So I don't think it will work without an update. My web forum is updated with the latest version, 5.1.1, and it works just fine on any smart phone.
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like we need to talk to someone about updating to the latest version. Just because we're talking about vintage cars doesn't mean we need to use vintage software
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

True that! And now soooooo many people surf on their phones it makes sense to update. The newer version has so many more options... you can follow, like, and even comment on an individual post without disrupting the posts. I really am liking it.

Early S #2059

Sounds like an awesome upgrade! Now how to get the powers to implement it?
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Lightbulb

Ya'know guys I did bring this up our tech support guy and he said it would be a pretty expensive monthly upgrade, and might necessitate reconfiguring the site as well........ If you know something that you think he doesn't please tell us...

Please don't post how easy it would by just doing this or that... Trust me, I won't understand.......

But please go to the 'Contact Us' in the blue footer at the bottom of every page and let him know....OK? .......

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks for the response Chuck!

I've followed your advice and sent a message,

Best Regards,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Ya'know guys I did bring this up our tech support guy and he said it would be a pretty expensive monthly upgrade, and might necessitate reconfiguring the site as well........ If you know something that you think he doesn't please tell us...

Please don't post how easy it would by just doing this or that... Trust me, I won't understand.......

But please go to the 'Contact Us' in the blue footer at the bottom of every page and let him know....OK? .......

Cheers
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post

Cheers
    I think that depends on a lot of things. Server traffic, bandwidth used, etc. I am fumbling my way through it. I'll have my guy contact your guy.

Early S #2059