Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fs: @pca - '70 's'

Fs: @pca - '70 's'

VIN = 9110301116
    Eng# = 6301146
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

'. . . Rotisserie restoration with $30k+ paint job. The internal frame rails were media blasted, body E-coated, etc. Rebuilt motor at 71,000 miles. Interior a combination of professionally restored and original parts. Too many details to list. Final assembly completed in 5/11. Moving to Canada and I cannot take with me. The car is stored in Ithaca, NY . . .'

Ad# = 14680

$132k

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 01-11-2022 at 10:36 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

This car has Pepita sport seats too.
    The engine compartment looks a little off and external oil cooler lines may be missing but if this is a matching numbers car it looks to be a very very good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    This car has Pepita sport seats too.
    The engine compartment looks a little off and external oil cooler lines may be missing but if this is a matching numbers car it looks to be a very very good deal.
    I'll say. I'm not looking for another S right now but this car makes me wish I was.

Not original motor - supposed inadvertently swapped with a 71 S during motor repairs at an east coast shop. Owners claim they know where original motor is and owner would be willing to swap motors back, intriguing car, has had a lot of chassis work and everything was ecoated afterwards.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Based on the limited photos available on the PCA site, seems like a very nice 'S' priced competitively by a motivated seller.

70S - 1.JPG

70S - 2.JPG

70S - 3.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

1970 Porsche 911 S Coupe, now at european collectables
    $219,500
    http://www.europeancollectables.com/...nv_id=Po3084-1

"This 1970 911S is a beautiful example of Porsche’s grand touring sports car. Sporting its original “S” motor and 5 speed transmission, it drives like it should. The black Sport Seats with Houndstooth centers provide a beautiful contrast to the luscious Burgundy paint. The 911S has been put through an extensively documented restoration and there are also copious records going back more than 30 years. Owner’s manual, tools and jack are present. Super straight and done to a high quality standard, you’d be hard pressed to find a better 1970 911S available."
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

I spoke to the owner of this car back in June. He was asking $125K. I thought I read that the engine case didn't have engine number by the ad from dealer who bought the car.
    Nice color.

A $30k paint job and they could not get themselves to remove the engine lid lock bolts prior to painting. What a shame, it is otherwise a gorgeous car!

~J~
    air cooled only

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    A $30k paint job and they could not get themselves to remove the engine lid lock bolts prior to painting. What a shame, it is otherwise a gorgeous car!
    If I didn't know better I would say those are VW tin cheese head screws.

In spite of this little faux pas it looks like a cool car. BUT, where's the aux oil cooler console?

Definitely wrong whether VW cheese head or not. Should have plated 6mm bolts with 10mm ATF!