Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: En route pour le Mans 2014

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Interesting experience. I was curious to find out how are the nights at the camping sites, but I'm not brave enough to try to sleep there. And I hate drunk people.
    You have just understood why most people try to find a room, either into an hotel or by someone who is local.

For example, if I need to go to the track, I walk 5 minutes to the tramway station, wait maybe 10 minutes for the next one and 15 minutes later, I'm on the Tertre rouge entrance.
    I advise you to find a room next to a tramway stop next time, with a closed parking place:
    http://www.setram.fr/

This way, you can park your car safely, enjoy the "parade des pilotes" the Friday evening and enjoy a nice week-end.

Samuel
    (Not Heinz )
    Samuel, thanks for the advise. I am use to le Mans, not the 24 hours. However I do camp on most of my track days/events and it is the first time I experience this. I like to camp, it is a real break to my job ( I travel a lot in confortable conditions )

Goodwood is nice, to camp too - absolutely not the same mindset. I'll camp again at le Mans classic - will see but I bet will not be the same "people".

All the best.
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

I can understand. I also like to camp with my car.

PICT4195.jpg

I still have to try to camp at Goodwood.

Thumbs up

Xavier,

Looks and sounds like you had a great adventure........

When I went in 2000 I 'camped' in the back of a rental mini van in the main grandstand parking lot....
    The noise off the grandstands, especially the car with the Judd powered F1 engine in it, netted me about 3 hours sleep total.....

But what'a weekend it was........

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by roxy2l2s View Post
    The 919 looks more aerodynamic than xavier's trunk.
    Enjoy your week end and pls send pictures.
    I need to work this out, doubled my fuel comsumption on the highway....this aerodymnamic is very efficient to attracts fans only
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    I can understand. I also like to camp with my car.

PICT4195.jpg

I still have to try to camp at Goodwood.
    Oh yes you have to ! Revival is such a great event. should be in all car's fan wish list.
    Xavier

PS : are you the same one on the 911.net ?
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    Oh yes you have to ! Revival is such a great event. should be in all car's fan wish list.
    Xavier

PS : are you the same one on the 911.net ?
    It's not too far from Le Mans indeed...

PS: Of course, there are not too many 928CS