Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Out of the darkness and into the light, a 69S comes out to greet the world

Richard.
    Good job and very cool helping long-term owner.
    Regards,
    Bill
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO View Post
    as promised original toolkit picture
    THANK YOU. this car is less than 20 from my VIN. I have long wondered which bag was correct.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY911ZOO View Post
    the suspension pan was just beginning to rust away, probably could of gotten away with not doing it for another few years however we replaced it anyways lastTuesday
    today I removed the engine and getting it ready for a glorious second time around...yeah!
    Hi Richard,
    Is the front calipers steel on the Targa and Can you get few pictures of the suspension link and oil cooler.
    Thank You,
    Ibrahim Kuzu
    Mem # 2995

Neat car, I enjoy this process - Thanks Zoo!

What a sweet heart that little Targa is. Thank you for sharing your story
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

Quote Originally Posted by kuzu356 View Post
    Is the front calipers steel on the Targa
    No, you can see the cross-over line so they are the original 911S aluminum calipers. These would be very early ones (by the VIN), so it would be interesting to get more details when they are restored. I'm sure Eric at PMB Performance would love to see them. There are lots of variations in the early versions.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

update: several days of cleaning and this girl has got a sparkle on some original details...you see she been throwing oil for 43 years as the owner stated that it leaked from the day he bought it in 1971. hummm was the lemon law around in those days? at any rate, it took a lot of gentle degreasing because the original paint is thin as see thru in some places.
    there is heavy grease EVERYWHERE under, over in creases and crevices

here's a pic after the 3rd application of a mild oxygen cleaner,
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

for those who asked to see some details after cleaning
    I can take more and will take better ones ( apologies for the cell pics) however if you want to see something specific, let me know, happy to oblige.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

I would try Mcguires #7 glaze or the 3M hand glaze and then wax to see how the paint would come out. Nice find. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

How many miles are on the car?

Andy