Thread: Canepa's June C & C Saturday

Canepa's June C & C Saturday

Drove down to Scotts Valley yesterday AM and as soon as I hit the freeway suspected that this was probably not going to be a normal Saturday. Horrendous traffic, and since Canepa's is a mere 4 miles from Santa Cruz, which is a very popular northern California's surfing area, the number of cars with boards on roof racks grew exponentially as I approached the area. In addition, the '14 Porsche Parade attendees started arriving on Friday in the Monterey / Carmel area which isn't very much further South along the same highway, and the further South I got the number of Porsches noticeably increased. Some of them actually peeled off and ended up at Canepa's, where for the first time at a C C & C ( Canepa Cars & Coffee ) there seemed to be an aire of chaos. The shop was heavily involved with prepping their own cars for display, transporting a large number of customer cars to Carmel / Monterey for Monday's Concours and the races / rally, carrying on with regular maintanance and restoration projects, therefore I suspect some of my photos capture a similar sense of urgency and dishevelment that prevailed in the parking lot, the shop and showroom…………everyone's mind seemed to be elsewhere - but yet, there were neat cars to be seen everywhere you turned, including four pearl white 959s and Bruce's personal, newly found & acquired Anthracite Grey 930 Turbo with a documented 1400 total miles on the car in the shop.

A large part of the the reason I went yesterday is that I had arranged for some personal swap / buy / sell business to enable me to continue working on Ruprecht for display at the Werks Reunion and that in all likelyhood I will not be able to post C C & C reports in July and August, so this will have to do until fall after Monterey Car Week.

I do however promise to post my best shots from tommorrow's Parade Concours on Tuesday when I get back from Carmel.

JZG

PS: as has been my custom lately, the following photos are all posted sans commentary and editorializing, but if you have specific questions, please ask away.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

……and to continue

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

another five, with a couple of very well done kit cars and an early '66 427 AC Shelby Cobra in what was called "Red" back then, but looks more like a pinkish cranberry color to my eyes.

Commentary: Thanks for posting. Love the Batmobile and 02 Turbo. Beautiful.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

…also in the shop was a wonderful cross section of M-B 300 SL Gullwings & Roadsters.

….and another five, including two of Bruce's 'barnfind' Turbo - that damned thing looks as if he just brought it home from the Porsche dealer yesterday and drove it to the shop to display it. The reason it's in the shop at all is just for some regular maintanance and all new fluids and tires - most definitely not for sale, in spite of some astonishing offers from crazed collectors.
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 07-04-2014 at 07:54 PM.

5 more from the shop……..

The final set of five.

Thanks for looking,

JZG

Thank you so much for sharing these fine photos.

Mark
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS