Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

Hi Allen

Photos will be forthcoming on tools just not convenient right now.

I enjoy digging into details of my car / model If I've got time and where this coincides with forum topics happy to share detailed little findings. That can sometimes result in a lengthy brain dump post from me, which I know isn't to some tastes. If what I post ( or sometimes deliberately not) and how I write bothers folks they don't have to read it. It's a just hobby after all. Tbh I don't even read posts from some folks. As mentioned I appreciate your stamina and diligence particularly unraveling the tool questions.

S

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Hi Allen

Photos will be forthcoming on tools just not convenient right now.

I enjoy digging into details of my car / model If I've got time and where this coincides with forum topics happy to share detailed little findings. That can sometimes result in a lengthy brain dump post from me, which I know isn't to some tastes. If what I post ( or sometimes deliberately not) and how I write bothers folks they don't have to read it. It's a just hobby after all. Tbh I don't even read posts from some folks. As mentioned I appreciate your stamina and diligence particularly unraveling the tool questions.

S

Cheers
    Still waiting???? Thanks.

I have never seen an original early 911 kit with "non-machined" DFS wrenches.

Very early 901 and 911 tool bags

Tool geeks,

Very recently I found another very early SWB 901/911 bag with a few tools. This is further confirmation that the early bags were two-tone and, shinny and had 356-like tabs on the snaps. Note the 12mm (hex drive) SWB spark plug wrench (not the later 10mm drive one). This series of bags are made of heavy vinyl; I've also seen a similar vinyl on some (there are many colors for late 356 bags) 1964/1965 356s but those bags are not two tone. My car database still supports that there were about 1,000 of these bags delivered up through about May 1965. Please also note that one of the tabs unfortunately is missing on the posted bag here.. Thanks.
    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 10-12-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Tool kit bag question

PB292287.jpgPB292286.jpgPB292285.jpgHi Folks,

I came across this tool kit bag. Has the usual green/ grayish exterior of a 356C tool kit bag but has an ivory/ light tan interior like a 911 bag. White stitching- riveted clasps with tabs. Has anyone come across one of these? Is this a very late 356 bag, a very early 911 bag or the missing link? Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Unterman View Post

I came across this tool kit bag. Has the usual green/ grayish exterior of a 356C tool kit bag but has an ivory/ light tan interior like a 911 bag. White stitching- riveted clasps with tabs. Has anyone come across one of these? Is this a very late 356 bag, a very early 911 bag or the missing link? Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
    Steve
    I'll say, 356C/SC.
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

Steve,

It is an interesting bag. The vinyl color and texture are very much 356 C/SC. The two tone, though, is unusual for sure. However, all early 901/911 bags that I've seen are black on the outside (and the vinyl is somewhat soft too). Again, interesting bag! Hope we get more input from the list. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 12-03-2018 at 12:45 PM.

from 9113100782
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Unterman View Post

Thanks,
    Steve
    1965C I tried to buy two years ago at Hershey had this exact bag. Very original, one-owner car. I'll see if I have some photos.

Tool kit geeks,

Here is a bag from an early 1965 356C (Oct. 1964) It is two-tone with tabs but is not shinny like the accepted 901/911 bag of the first 1,000 or so cars. I think the tabs went away as they were not really needed and often tore off like on the bag I posted above with one missing tab. Thanks.

-Allen-