Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

In the bag folks,

If ever there was a 356 transition (to 911) bag, this one is on eBay. JUST like a 901 bag, heavy shinny vinyl, black exterior and tabs, this is it. But NOT a 901 bag because it is single tone. The early 901/911 bags are just like this one but are white on the inside. Note from the tools that this is an authentic 356C/SC kit. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Please post when the old bag contest will be happening for those who want to watch.

And Im the only bidder ( but not for long) on that C tool kit described as 911. Yeah I got excited when I saw the rivets and pull tag but no cigar there, nothing to see folks. I have the only original all black swb tool bag known to God and man, well at least this man, fine linen early 1966, provenance from new. I also have a 3 color 1965 bag with riveted clasps.
    Last edited by 66S; 01-26-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Old baggers,

"Young Frankenstein" What a terrific movie! Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman (both RIP) were hilarious. Teri Garr, a dish for sure. Back to bags: I've had a heavy (stiff) vinyl brown 356 bag and some others which I don't recall the details. The "901" bag is thick, shinny, somewhat soft black. The 356 bag I posted in in #195 looks very similar if not the same as the 901 bag I speak of in terms of material. I will not be attending the Lit Meet, otherwise I'd be happy to bring my old bag. Maybe someone else can post and bring a "901 bag.

I have posted at least one (post #5) photo of a 901 bag in the trunk of a highly original unrestored car. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 01-26-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Allen,
    Thanks for your PM reply. I stand corrected, that bag in post #6 is indeed that heavy material, with 911 tools. So, yes that would be the "missing link" bag. Thanks for that reference "back".

That black toolkit you posted is extremely nice, still with a bit of a sticker on the lug wrench, and it's a 4 wrench kit as well (12-14 wrench), which is the only correct way. I've got my eye on it though I don't need it, but then who "needs" this stuff anyway?!
    Good ! As for the 356 kit on eBay it is nice. I'm not a player for it (obviously ). I found 356 C/SC kit an especially tough sell. For the most part most 356 guys either have their cars sorted and their tool kits or they are too old to care about such stuff IMHO. Thanks.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    Condition is everything and that C kit is extra nice, I dont expect to remain the only bidder but thanks for the encouragement, you whippersnapper you I turned 66 today, the planets are aligned in my number universe.
    Congratulations ! Whippersnapper? I'm OMG 71 !

-Allen-

Appreciate the feedback on what I thought might have been the missing link bag. I'll bring it to Bagapalooza at the Lit Meet and see how it compares to the others.

Thanks,
    Steve

Hey guys I had few old kits. Wounder what they are correct for?

Thanks,
    George

IMG_3096.jpgIMG_3097.jpg

Hi George,

If you read through the thread, in all due respect, most all your quesitons will be answered and you will have educated yourself but I'll save you a littl time. Your kit is a hodge podge of SWB 911, Long Wheel base 911, 912 (long spark plug wrench) AND post 1973 stuff: screwdrivers and tow hook. Oviously all the tools are shot, their shinny protective zinc plating has been sacrificied and no amount of polishing will bring them back. The possible exception is the lug wrench which might shine up. The bag does't look too good either. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 04-24-2019 at 11:55 AM.