Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    Hi George,

If you read through the thread, in all due respect, most all your quesitons will be answered and you will have educated yoursel but I'll save you a littl time. Your kit is a hodge podge of SWB 911, Long Wheel base 911, 912 (long spark plug wrench) AND post 1973 stuff: screwdrivers and tow hook. Oviously all the tools are shot, their shinny protective zinc plating has been sacrificied and no amount of polishing will bring them back. The possible exception is the lug wrench which might shine up. The bag does't look too good either. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Hi Allen I read it all and wanted to confirm. I missed the info on the long spark wrench. The yellow screw driver I remember being post 73. I always wondered if they ever came in the end of 73.5 cars? Off to eBay they go!

Quote Originally Posted by porschepilot99 View Post
    Hi Allen I read it all and wanted to confirm. I missed the info on the long spark wrench. The yellow screw driver I remember being post 73. I always wondered if they ever came in the end of 73.5 cars? Off to eBay they go!
    Very good ! The spark plug wrench was covered (#21 for example) but not easy to spot I suppose. It is in one, or more, of the photos of a very nice 912 kit. Yes, those screwdrivers and toe hook, since they are post 1973 or 1973.5 in fact, are not covered. Regarding the poor (shot) plating: some member buy these tools and have them replated. While it is NEVER really original looking, if one does them in a lot, they match and look decent. Thanks.

-Allen-

That was fast. Free bump but now I think you know more than you are saying in the ad !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Ear...c0Pp:rk:1:pf:0

Thanks.

-Allen-
    PSI think your wrenches saw "Selected Steel"
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 02-24-2019 at 05:08 PM.

That was fast. Free bump but now I think you know more than you are saying in the ad !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Ear...c0Pp:rk:1:pf:0

Thanks.

-Allen-
    PSI think your wrenches saw "Selected Steel"
    No these all say "Dropped Forge" I though what I show was for an early 911? The other pic with the tow hook is not listed so why do you think I know more then I'm saying in the ad?

No, from your ad you say "Wrenches say "Selective Steel"

No, from your ad you say "Wrenches say "Selective Steel"
    Ah ok I had sold another set and forgot to change it to "Dropped forged". I have one more 74+ kit and a 356 C kit coming next.

Quote Originally Posted by porschepilot99 View Post
    Ah ok I had sold another set and forgot to change it to "Dropped forged". I have one more 74+ kit and a 356 C kit coming next.
    Fine. The main point is it is selectED steel. Glws
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 03-09-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Fine. The main point is it is salectED steel. Glws
    Ok got it! I'll update on the next listing with salected steel for the 74+ tools.

I'd like to thank porschepilot99 for his impressive contributions to one of the most-viewed threads on the ESR.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I'd like to thank porschepilot99 for his impressive contributions to one of the most-viewed threads on the ESR.
    What impressive contribution lol?