Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

Mint SWB 912 Tool Kit

Quote Originally Posted by rpapy View Post
    Can anyone show me a picture of a tool kit from a 68 912 and what if any is different from a 911 kit
    Here you go. The generator wrench (two for a 911) and Spark Plug (the 912 is MUCH easier to get) wrench are different. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Allen!
    1969 911E Coupe
    1973 914S
    1977 911S Hot Rod
    1979 930 Turbo Coupe
    1987 Carrera Coupe
    1988 944S2 "Firehawk" Race Car
    2000 Ferrari 360 Modena (Totaled!)
    2002 Suburban 2500(Tow Vehicle)
    2016 BMW M3(Dailey Driver)

21k mile all original 73 E with a 5/73 build date. Snap bag, SSS wrenches, double ended red screwdriver, taper plug wrench and Hapwe pliers.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    21k mile all original 73 E with a 5/73 build date. Snap bag, SSS wrenches, double ended red screwdriver, taper plug wrench and Hapwe pliers.
    Dave,

+1 as some say. Totally consistent with my knowledge. Thanks.

-Allen-

I think it is important to only post toolkits that we can be fairly certain are original based on low mileage, dependable ownership history and originality of the car. otherwise this just becomes a "show your toolkit" thread.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    I think it is important to only post toolkits that we can be fairly certain are original based on low mileage, dependable ownership history and originality of the car. otherwise this just becomes a "show your toolkit" thread.
    I certainly agree with that but, of course, that is very high bar. Thanks.

-Allen-

901 SWB Toolkit

Here is an early 911 or 901 toolkit. The photo of the kit in the trunk is of 30013X. Note the bag has 356C tabs but unlike the 356 bag is two-tone. Note also the snaps are fastened to the bag by rivets. Other early bags w/o tabs also had these rivets. The tools are representative of all SWB kits while the bag itself is unique to early 911s; I'm not sure when it was transitioned to the one w/o tabs. Thanks.

-Allen-

Chuck et al,

IMHO, this thread should be moved to General and pinned as a reference. Thanks.

-Allen-

Hi Allen:

I copied this from General Info some time ago, specifically to help people with their tool purchases. It seems to be thriving here. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Peter
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

SWB Spark Plug Socket Wrench (SPSW) also Towels

Here is the 12mm hex Allen drive version of the subject. Also, tool kits are often photo'd with a "PORSCHE" or "Porsche" towel. There is some debate as to whether tool kits originally came with towels. Some say ONLY the travel kit originally (not even later factory made up travel kits) came with a towel while others say even these had no towel. I've no opinion. Any documents or proof? Thanks.
    -Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 10-03-2014 at 04:19 PM.