Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Reference: Tool Rolls & Contents

Allen, thanks for the thoughtful reply above. Currently I don't own one of the SWB spark plug wrenches, but I am always on the lookout. I'm surprised they varied in style quite so much, but then again, maybe I shouldn't be. Regards,

I purchased a 1979 930 Turbo and took delivery on the car in January of 1980. Still have the car. The toolkit has never been used. It came with four Drop Forged Steel wrenches in the smaller sizes, and a SSS 17X19 MM. I'm of the opinion that when putting together the toolkits, they threw into them whatever they had at the time, never thinking that they would be subjected to such scrutiny some 35-50 years later!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron20086 View Post
    I purchased a 1979 930 Turbo and took delivery on the car in January of 1980. Still have the car. The toolkit has never been used. It came with four Drop Forged Steel wrenches in the smaller sizes, and a SSS 17X19 MM. I'm of the opinion that when putting together the toolkits, they threw into them whatever they had at the time, never thinking that they would be subjected to such scrutiny some 35-50 years later!
    Hi Ron !

Again, congratulations on having a really cool Porsche and, incidentally as you know, 930s have gained new interest and traction in the market. So, even though you're never going to sell it, it is always nice to know that its value is going UP !. I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote. BUT, so let's say if you should care about it and participate in such, your car and another 930 are in a Concours and are virtually identical, Except for the toolkit ! The "other 930" had its random toolkit put together with ALL small font Drop Forged Wrenches and your toolkit has "a story." What are the judges to do?

What to do? No problemo: get a small font 17/19 and add it to your toolkit and then tell the story. Winner ! Thanks.

-Allen-
    PS I had a '79 930 once. Here with my daughter Sara circa 1988. Ron, let's see yours please !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 02-13-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Late 1973 and RS Screwdriver

RSers and Mid to Late 1973 Toolkit guys and girls,

Ran across this in my pic file. Correct reversible screwdriver used in the mid-1973 toolkit and for the RS toolkit too. Note bag "ties" from the most-accepted and common bag for the kit. Thanks.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    And also my conclusion is the the 10mm drive Spark Plug Wrench pictured below was used consistently in SWB toolkits up and through 1968.

-Allen-
    Hi Allen,

Thanks for sharing your expertise in this thread. I've learned an awful lot here and I'm appreciative.

Curious about your comment above. In an earlier post, you mention the 12mm version of the spark plug tool and make reference to it's rarity:

I've seen BOTH 10mm and 12mm (rare) hex-drive versions. Thanks.
    Just curious if, based on your later statement that the 10mm was used consistently thru '68, you've changed your opinion on the correctness or rarity of the 12mm tool?

I own 301100 and the tool kit - which I believe to be original - has the 12mm spark plug tool.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Hi Allen,

Thanks for sharing your expertise in this thread. I've learned an awful lot here and I'm appreciative.

Curious about your comment above. In an earlier post, you mention the 12mm version of the spark plug tool and make reference to it's rarity:

Just curious if, based on your later statement that the 10mm was used consistently thru '68, you've changed your opinion on the correctness or rarity of the 12mm tool?

I own 301100 and the tool kit - which I believe to be original - has the 12mm spark plug tool.
    No, I've not but see other entries in this thread (#30, #78, and others, #56 especially !) re. the 12mm drive which I posited was earlier than the 10mm. And yours is a terrific data point, 301100. So, definitely thanks for that! How about your tool bag, does it have tabs like a 356 bag (but two tone unlike a 356 bag) or no tabs? Pics are always very helpful...Thanks !

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 02-18-2015 at 08:26 PM.

No, I've not but see other entries in this thread (#30, #78, and others, #56 especially !) re. the 12mm drive which I posited was earlier than the 10mm. And yours is a terrific data point, 301100. So, definitely thanks for that! How about your tool bag, does it have tabs like a 356 bag (but two tone unlike a 356 bag) or no tabs? Pics are always very helpful...Thanks !

-Allen-
    Thanks, Allen. Appreciate the response.

My bag is indeed of the tabs/two-tone variety. I'll try to find the time and take some pics this weekend.

Allen,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge for all us newbies to the trade. I just got a numbers matching '68 and am beginning the process of: (1) enjoying the hell out of it and (2) bringing most of things back to original. It seems that my tool kit has some original tools and others not-so original. At least there is one that reads Kawasaki and another one that is a mercedes-benz articulated spark plug wrench. Missing the screwdrivers and the original tire pressure gauge as well. Any other comments you may be able to provide will be greatly appreciated.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

That '79 930 was simply awesome.

Thanks!

Javier mirandes
    '68 karmann sunroof coupe
    '14 911-50

Javier,

Please see post #73 and #78 and most of your questions will be answered. A quick look at your kit shows five, or six, if you count the bag, correct Porsche tools. You have two generator wrench pairs: the two-prong and two box end wrenches, which are correct for a '68 kit; the spark plug wrench is Porsche but 1969-mid 1973. The bag looks, from what we can see, to be, 1973 1/2, does it have snaps or ties (or missing ties?) So, you have only two basics needed for your kit. Thanks.

-Allen-
    PS If you decide to sell, or I could trade you some tools you need, for the extra generator wrench pair which I've been lookng for, let me know.
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 02-22-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Un known tools

Un known tools: screwdriver says Made in W.- Germany-10,000V. ( not 10,000V -made in W.-Germany. ) it also has rounded /flared handle end as opposed to the more straight ended other Porsche screwdrivers I have!
    Last edited by Cliff; 02-23-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.