Thread: Through body sway bar

Through body sway bar

Looking for a through body front swaybar with links. Prefer 22-mm.
    Zach Mayne
    1969 911T, 1988 924S, 1985 635CSi, some Alfas and a Fiat....

I have a brand new 22mm effective rate Tarett bar available. 1" OD, RSR style (holes, not slotted). Never been used. However, I was looking to get as close as possible to the new price - they are $675 new plus tax plus shipping. I bought them but then found I liked the handling after taking off the old bars and didn't want to modify the holes in the tub for these larger bars (I have the rear too). The bars fit through the factory holes, but my fuel tank hits the bar in one spot. But my front bulkhead has been modified and I don't know what else so I think they would be fine on other cars.

Please see here for pictures: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Bars-Brand-New
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Hey Max, that sounds like a nice bar, but sadly I'm on a bit of a budget. Thanks! Hows the S running?
    Zach Mayne

Quote Originally Posted by zmayne View Post
    Hey Max, that sounds like a nice bar, but sadly I'm on a bit of a budget. Thanks! Hows the S running?
    Thanks for asking. It's running better than ever. TLG restored the whole MFI system, the suspension bushings are different (better) from when you drove it, and I upgraded the rear torsion bars and set the heights, corner balance, and alignment before parade. It feels like a completely different car in a very good way.

By the way, I've got the old front bar I took off. Weltmeister 22mm. The front bushings do not have slop, drop links were good. It's a bit dirty but still should work fine if you just want a bar in there and don't care about how fancy it is. You can have that for cheap. Not sure what shipping it to NM would cost.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Let me know how much you want for it. Do you have the rear bar? Shipping will probably be around $30 or $40?
    Zach Mayne

Quote Originally Posted by zmayne View Post
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. Let me know how much you want for it. Do you have the rear bar? Shipping will probably be around $30 or $40?
    I've got the rear bar but the bushings, or at least one of them, are/is pretty sloppy. The drop links are still ok, but I will inspect everything before we finalize a deal. The problem is I am still using the toe eccentrics from the Weltmeister rear bar. I can change the eccentrics without messing up the alignment if I leave all the other bolts in place, but I don't have the stock hardware.