Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?"

Regis turd ab user
    You mean research an item? Ain't nobody got time for that! Especially new/recent seller flippers who will only find the most expensive model their item "could" be used on at call it that. Anything RS or S is where their price seems to be, every 914 wheel is an RS, RS style, blah blah blah, if you're selling.

Here a good one, a passenger side RS interior armrest door pull.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-042-25-a.html

It is a right side door pull for a LHD '69-'73, that's it.

Is it just me too? BTW, I'm fine with that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm going to give that guy a pass. I'm pretty sure he meant to say "right side" by stating RS. It, obviously, could be interpreted differently, though.
    It doesn't take much time to find some really egregious misrepresentations/fabrications and bold faced lies, even on our own forum. They do get called into question, though. Actually, I love doing that!

Regards

Jim
    Charter member of 356 Curmudgeons
    If there were a 911 Curmudgeon group, I would be a Charter member of that esteemed organization, as well.

The worst is buying a 356 or 911 part from a bug guy, no matter what it is, it's worth a million. He says, "But it came off a PORCH!" I nicely explain that if it wasn't off of a Porsche, I wouldn't be standing in your chicken coop, but that doesn't make your part worth a million.

And Jim, I think you were a Curmudgeon before the gray hair.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Again, is it just me?
    Regards

Jim
    It's you and only you! Cheer up!!

No, I'm pretty sure the majority of folks looking for all manner of project parts have grown weary of this trend.
    My pet peeve is not knowing the difference between "NOS" and a 'repop' item……or knowing, and not disclosing.
    Also, how each and every part that has been removed from a car and put for sale must be a 'factory installed' part, because none ever had to replace anything in 45+ years!
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

I think this sounds more like a rant than trying to solve the problem - if the title was labeled appropriately representing the subject at hand, it may help solve some of the issue. Otherwise all I see - is it just me - a personal grip. I agree with the issue just feel a better subject line would be helpful as an overall effort to provide some guidance and help. Good luck!
    David

1972 911T Targa
    1993 964 RSA #14
    Early S Registry #1799
    PAID MEMBER 2016-17

You can download all the factory parts book PDA's for any of our cars.

If I don't have a number or know I'll tell you so but descriptions usually do the trick if you've been around. (There are a few things that aren't in every book.)

Along those lines, who has a clip for the tachometer cable on a European Heat 356? The one that mounts to the left side heat exchanger. My plater "rurnt" mine.

Tom

Rant works

Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    Rant works
    LOL

Ruint
    roooinned. (2 syllables )

Many variations down South.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    If there were a 911 Curmudgeon group, I would be a Charter member of that esteemed organization, as well.
    I'm thinking you are hereby the Founding Member...

I am in, number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmeth View Post
    I'm thinking you are hereby the Founding Member...
    Mike