Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 71 S Targa stolen in Germany

71 S Targa stolen in Germany

Hello all,

My good friend Jurgen at 2Shores sent me a disturbing message this morning that my ex 71 S Targa (he had arranged the sale to a client of his) was stolen on July 4th at a restaurant in Bremen Germany while the owner was watching the Germany World Cup game that day. Any information about this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Here are the details.

VIN: 9111310226

Engine serial # 6310590
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Not good.

I alerted my friend in Munich with a nearly identical Signal Orange 71 S Targa. I believe it is just finishing a 2 year restoration process.

Not familiar with theft patterns in Europe. Do they break up the cars and sell off the parts or attempt to re-ID them?
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

That's horrible. Hope it's recovered.

Do they flatbed them out or Hotwire them?

Good questions guys. I have wondered about these things since finding out about the theft.

To any of our European members, feel free to post up this info and photos on any Porsche sites you use in your country. I also posted to DDK. Thanks much.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    Do they break up the cars and sell off the parts or attempt to re-ID them?
    I was told w classic cars, they break up the cars and sell parts. They dont re-ID them.

When attempting the Nurburgring Classic Festival last year, a 356 was stolen off the (small) hotel parking lot, at night.
    The car was parked in between modern cars but they hooked it on a flatbed truck. I know because the ex-owner (french) and hotel owner told me…

Its very disturbing, lots of cars on Germany (new and old ones) have been recently stolen.
    As stupid as it is, in some modern brands, only airbags and/or navigation/gps are getting stolen, but nothing else.
    Selling the parts (mostly on eastern Europe markets) makes enough profit for them.

(Infos received by my insurance).
    Registry member No.773

Thats why I won't leave my car parked anywhere unattended.

Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    Thats why I won't leave my car parked anywhere unattended.
    I leave mine unattended. Hopefully it's never an issue.

But what's the point if I can't enjoy it?

To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Doesn't even take a minute When will someone invent a car cover that makes your car look like a Yugo!!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    That's depressing.