Thread: Sticky For Reproduced Quality rare Parts

Lightbulb Sticky For Reproduced Quality rare Parts

Just received the new Esses Magazine, and discovered that someone is reproducing the original muffler system for the Webasto auxiliary heater. Another rare part that seems extremely well done (haven't tested it yet).

Perhaps due to the rising prices of early 911 (here we go again ), many quality reproductions parts have been recreated over the last two/three years.

Here are a few examples:

- Red Porsche oil filter
    - red border engine lid stickers
    - correct cocomats (inluding central tunnel)
    - Wipers, rare chrome parts etc... (thanks Eric)
    - Pepita fabric (thanks again Eric)
    - Shell oil sticker for air filter
    - aluminum trim for 1967 interior
    - corret Targa short chrome strips for soft windows
    - restored headlights and sidelights (exchanged parts)
    - Lackstift, glycerine bottles, fuse packages (thanks Carl)

Wouldn't it be useful if all these different rare parts, which have become very difficult to find, be referenced under a single "Sticky Thread" on this Forum?

It would help members locate the best address for the correct part they're looking for.

Not trying to promote or advertise specific items, but just create a useful as accessible reference guide for all of us.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Good idea!

John
    1959 356 Coupe, 1600 Super, sold
    1960 356 Roaster, race car, SCCA, sold
    1960 356 Roadster, show car, sold.
    1962 356 Cab, show car, sold.
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 54 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 14 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Great idea... should members who have used the parts post here, or should it be the guys who make them?
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I made the brass oillines new now for 2.0 + 2.2 S
    Porsche 911 S 1971 Kremer race car

I would think only "new" parts that are currently available.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Postings should only be done by people who have actually installed the part. There's so much junk out there no seller should be allowed to promote their products. Some will do it but we'll eventually catch them.

Richard Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Postings should only be done by people who have actually installed the part. There's so much junk out there no seller should be allowed to promote their products. Some will do it but we'll eventually catch them.

Richard Newton
    Richard

So, you don't think a provider of parts and services specifically suited for our Early 911s should have the right to promote their wares or services on this forum?
    I must admit that I am a bit biased toward vendors, such as Auto-Foreign Services, PartsKlassic, Stoddard, Restoration Design, PMB Performance, Aase Sales and a host of others that have bent over backwards to help owners of these cars restore and maintain their cars. All of the aforementioned vendors are paid advertisers in the ESSES Magazine, by the way.
    Announcing a new product or service specifically can only benefit members of this forum, IMHO.
    I do agree that blanket adds for suppliers of oil additives and crap like that need not apply.
    I guess you are saying that our classifieds should remain the same way they are.
    Yes, let's just keep things the same and allow a few "non Professionals" continue bombarding the classifieds with grossly overpriced, under/mis-described stuff.
    Boy, that's progress!

Regards

Jim
    911 Curmudgeon and also banned from selling products on this forum because, God forbid, I make my living in the Early Porsche World.
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 07-24-2014 at 04:12 PM.

I love hearing about new stuff available. One of my favorite sections in ESSES also. I do appreciate feedback from folks about how the parts fit and work. All helps with the decisions. It is also very helpful that we have many outside the US participants. They come up with some great stuff!
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Richard

So, you don't think a provider of parts and services specifically suited for our Early 911s should have the right to promote their wares or services on this forum?
    I must admit that I am a bit biased toward vendors, such as Auto-Foreign Services, PartsKlassic, Stoddard, Restoration Design, PMB Performance, Aase Sales and a host of others that have bent over backwards to help owners of these cars restore and maintain their cars. All of the aforementioned vendors are paid advertisers in the ESSES Magazine, by the way.
    Announcing a new product or service specifically can only benefit members of this forum, IMHO.
    I do agree that blanket adds for suppliers of oil additives and crap like that need not apply.
    I guess you are saying that our classifieds should remain the same way they are.
    Yes, let's just keep things the same and allow a few "non Professionals" continue bombarding the classifieds with grossly overpriced, under/mis-described stuff.
    Boy, that's progress!

Regards

Jim
    911 Curmudgeon and also banned from selling products on this forum because, God forbid, I make my living in the Early Porsche World.

Wow , never new there was such an issue with a non profit owners forum.
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Jim
    Now that Jim mentions it, I do find it weird that certain companies can freely advertize their wares on this forum while others are told they cannot. I am all for allowing early 911 specific parts venders to advertise here...we need to support the people who support this hobby. Without good venders and people willing to stick their necks out to manufacture the parts we need, our lives would be much more difficult. With all that said, there has been a double standard where some people are told "no retail advertising" while others are freely allowed to advertise their products on this site.

While we are on the topic, why are we forced to look at Google ads for Asian women at the top of this site when there are plenty of our own venders who would dearly love to pay good money to have a professional ad at the top of each page?
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439