Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Yahoo article explaining recent pricing increases

I'm afraid I no longer fit into skinny jeans
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

Boy did this go off on a tangent, my opinion for what it's worth, I like to see ladies in skinny jeans and long sleeve blouses. Hope that does not make me weird.
    Having been a co-owner of a Grand Am team, you had to go in with the mentality that the value of the car was a write off. At the end of the day if it was higher, good. When you put any car at risk at the limit you have to be prepaired for a total loss, I am not talking about driving to Starbucks mixed in with soccer moms in their SUV's.
    The original question was relative to how we feel about the value increase. I am aware of and stay abreast of the trend, I have adjusted my insurance coverage as is prudent. I got into some of my cars when they were just old cars and were valued as such, others before the big run up. So I do not feel as exposed as anyone who got in at the top of the market. When I lived in Paris I was buying wine futures and got some very nice allocations. Today I can enjoy first growths and Grand Crus not at today's value but for a fraction, and I drink them. I do not ever think of selling them to buy a new longhood. I drive my cars because that is why I own them. If I could not drive them I would contemplate their value and sell. But, I can still get the pleasure I cannot put a number on. When on the road in my cars I realize their value. So. Long winded but, yes I am aware, I care, I am not obsessed, and the grin is the most valuable attribute.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

I'm sure you get this all the time, but I just have to say I love you banter Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Kris is holding out for more dough.
    Beard market is crazy right now.

I think it's a bubble.
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    Boy did this go off on a tangent, my opinion for what it's worth, I like to see ladies in skinny jeans and long sleeve blouses.
    Ladies?

Who said anything about ladies?

I like your philosophy. I love the fact that our cars are worth so much but what difference does it really make? Everything has a "higher value" because the dollar is shrinking.

I've said it 100 times before: The moment our cars start "owning us" is when it's time to liquidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    All I can say is when skinny jeans and long sleeve blouses outnumber 501's, shorts, and T-shirts at Porsche events, I'm out.

I'll get off the grid at that point.
    Like dude, like you might overheat in AZ with a long sleeve wool Pendleton and stocking cap.

I'm thinking of growing a beard and putting it on my resume. Not the beard , the cultivation
    part,

Quote Originally Posted by Fishcop View Post
    I'm afraid I no longer fit into skinny jeans
    I still fit into mine...................

Name:  tumblr_m9bq60wMWP1rqcu9eo1_1280.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  58.0 KB

Banned
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me that's Photoshopped!

LOL, could be. Hmmmm..........If she can still fit into her skinny jeans, I wonder if she can squeeze into sport seats?

You sure that isn't a dude?

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Banned
    Scott,
    You could be right.

Now that I think about it I think I saw this cat at an Apple Store asking if they had an app for fat.

He had a beard, moobs, and his butt was missing.

That much I remember.

This is wonderful. Who the heck cares about Porsche price increases?