Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RED BORDER engine decals. Reproduction.

You should probably advertise also your vin decals, with the corrects number punching, and the cirle pattern punched as well. I thi k that 70$ is a good deal also.
    Can you make bigger decals? Is there a min order for a custom design?

Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    Hi noboco-- got my decals yesterday. they look very accurate to the color gold. I might order another set. thanks Chris
    Thanks, it took me a lot of time to make decals looks so accurate.

Olivier
    You should probably advertise also your vin decals, with the corrects number punching, and the cirle pattern punched as well. I thi k that 70$ is a good deal also.
    Can you make bigger decals? Is there a min order for a custom design?

Olivier
    I already posted VIN decals here. See them here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...b-VIN-stickers!!!

Bigger decals - do you mean exterior decals?
    Min order - it depends... Let me know, please what do you need?
    Last edited by noboco; 10-01-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Car Bone - Engine DECALS in accordance with ORIGINAL
    Decals For all early Porsche models!
    My Porsche - 911 Targa sc - My Love

Hi Noboco,

I would like a set of your decals for a 1972 Year 911 S. The 5 or 6 ones on the rear plus the fan housing one. I'm in Ireland. PM me details of how to order/pay etc.
    Dave

Hi Noboco,

Have you reproduced the early combined firing order and valve clearance sticker that goes on the snorkel? Are your stickers just a foil or are they on the stiff metal backing?

Cheers!

valve cealrance and firing order.jpg

SWB, Nothing better....
    CraigF #2695

Quote Originally Posted by CraigF View Post
    Hi Noboco,

Have you reproduced the early combined firing order and valve clearance sticker that goes on the snorkel? Are your stickers just a foil or are they on the stiff metal backing?

Cheers!

valve cealrance and firing order.jpg
    Hi!
    I`ve got this decal

My decals are on special gold mirror foil.
    If you would like to order pls pm me.

Cheers!
    Last edited by noboco; 10-01-2014 at 02:24 AM.

If it is thin foil, you can thicken and stiffen it. Go to an electrical supply or heating and sheet metal supply and buy a roll of Shuretape. Stack as as many layers as you want to the stiffness you want, then apply the sticker on top and trim off excess. Be sure to warm up the adhesive on all layers with a hair dryer or heat gun. I did this on a thin foil sticker on the fan strap with no problem and no lifting after a few years.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by noboco View Post
    Products from other suppliers aren't as good as mine, that's why I decided to reproduce them. The quality, details of mine are closer to the genuine decals. Moreover, fonts, font's kerning are the same as original. One more thing - I keep on quality. If you find any mistake, if anything shold be done better, it will be done!
    It's not a factory production. It's a kind of mission. I have the biggest collection of 911 engine decals on the world. My goal is to have all of them, to know everything about them!
    Hi,
    Your decals look very nice, but I wondered if you could explain in a little more detail why yours are the best ones available as you claim?? It would have been nice to see side-by-side pictures compared to originals and the decals from Skarborgflyg and UK. I have never seen any negative feedback on the products from Ake in Sweden and Canford. If you can convince me, I will order a set.

Thanks.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Ok. Let me show you some examples:

Skarborgflyg. First example:

They should look like this:
    (that's my decal)
    that is how originals look like:

Canford is better, because their decals are made on metal sheets, but...

Borders are too thick. That's mine:

That's original:

Another one case:
    Ducktail Carrera RS decal. Skarborgflyg and Canford don't have them, but it's interesting. Original one was plastic. Aftermarket versions are made in vinyl foil. That's how aftermarket versions look like (look at letters "RS"):

That's mine:

That's original:

In conclusion... I respect all of supliers mentioned above. You can't imagine how much time does it take to reproduce decals. But, in my opinion my decals are better however you should decide who would you like to choose...

Thanks for your reply, appreciated!
    OK, this brings me to my next question: I have not seen the generator sticker until 68MY cars, but on the original stickers I have seen, the text is different from yours. Is yours also correct??

Quote Originally Posted by noboco View Post
    They should look like this:
    Red Sticker 68 68911USA.jpg
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Hi! Yes. Mine are correct. There were many posts on many forums about that.