Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 225mm Magnesium Small Fan Housing...

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    I hope Ben will dispense with Marelli advance system with rotor attached directly to main shaft and use a more friendly rotor indexing system like Bosch. While he is at it, I hope he dispense with 4 points and builds a trigger compatible with Bosch 3 pin. Gled

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    I hope Ben will dispense with Marelli advance system with rotor attached directly to main shaft and use a more friendly rotor indexing system like Bosch. While he is at it, I hope he dispense with 4 points and builds a trigger compatible with Bosch 3 pin. Gled
    Hi Gled,

Ben offers two types of distribiutor….one is a less expensive option with Bosch type internals however his main focus is producing parts that mirror the original in every detail that will be indistinguishable from the real thing after a period of use..….other than maybe using superior materials if the part was crap back in 1972 the reproduction will be just as crap today!

There's also a conversion kit on his website… http://www.bencoles.co.uk/

Cheers,

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Who is going to look inside the distributor. Proper rotor phasing is a much better idea, trigger also. Gled

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    Who is going to look inside the distributor. Proper rotor phasing is a much better idea, trigger also. Gled
    That's one of those "well, I know it's in there" scenarios.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Old school fabrication…..

Nearly there…..

Distributor bodies now largely complete, other items off for heat treatment then onto assembly…..

Great stuff for sure. I admire these guys carrying the heavy load for the rest of us.

FWIW: For those wanting twin plugs on a budget I have it on very good authority that there will be a dual plug cap for a single plug distributor along with a CDI box of which you will only need 1 and a single coil.

Coming next Spring.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Awesome work in the true sense of the word...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I guess that often with these types of project things take a little longer than hoped……

….getting close now, moulds complete and ready for first casting……

3.0 RSR Spindles…..

I was asked if I had seen the centre lock spindles for 3.0 RSR, 935 etc that Ben produces as he hadn't seen them on his website yet?……

…..well he only produced them about 9-10 months ago so hasn't yet got around to advertising them! …..but here's a few photos….

Cheers,