Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector Car Market – The Beginning of The End?

The 67S had no drain holes in the c pillar, incorrect wheels, wrong bumper overriders, and there was something going on with the back panel area. Otherwise it was a star....
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    The 67S had no drain holes in the c pillar, incorrect wheels, wrong bumper overriders, and there was something going on with the back panel area. Otherwise it was a star....
    Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play-

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
    Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play-

Phil
    Absolutely perfect! lol
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    Now that I look very closely at the far-away photos, I notice the back right rear looks out of whack. Shame as I really think it's a interesting color combo.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

This man has sold over $1 billion worth of cars.

Richard Newton

Child's play...

"Hendrick Automotive Group is the nation's largest privately held automotive dealership group and the sixth-largest dealership group overall, based on 2014 units sold, according to Automotive News "Top 125 Dealerships Groups." In 2014, Hendrick Automotive Group retail sales exceeded 180,000 vehicles and $7.5 billion in revenue."

Apples and oranges but if you are running a circus/sideshow it's not hard to find "marks". Fast money and big egos often go hand in hand and the dick measuring contests come next.

Add liquor and stir...
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Banned
    Nice cars are still selling for top dollar. I believe many of the low "sold" figures that you're seeing now are for bad cars or from buyers who have to sell.

This was a litmus test for me two weeks ago at Russo & Steel: An early 72 S coupe (9112300020), sport seats, fac A/C, 2.7 on orig case. The car was solid with no evidence of crash damage or rust but needed a complete resto. Bid up to 170 with no sale. (Call it 190 after fees and shipping.) Here's the significance: More than likely an enthusiast with 190k laying around (doubtful) or "spec" buyers bid it up (more likely). Either way, more than one buyer thought spending 190k and then at least another 60k to restore it was a decent investment. It tells me that there are still plenty of people out there who believe we still haven't reached the ceiling. In this case the seller and the bidders.

A car like this typically attracts a "wholesale" buyer, not an impatient, nouveau collector who throws money away. This one car spoke volumes to me about the current market.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    This one car spoke volumes to me about the current market.
    Maybe, but you're old and your hearing's not so good these days.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

March results in Sports Car Market from Silverstone: "50 Years of 911" hot rod base on a '77, powered by a tweaked 993 engine selling for $267,000!
    I didn't "get it" but the sale provided more proof that some Porsche 911 buyers will spend money regardless of the "provenance".

Articurial - 930 Turbo ('88) sells for $299,416

Keno Brothers - '73 S $201,600

RM Sotheby's '73 RS-Touring - $918,500
    '75 Turbo - $330,000
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111