Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector Car Market – The Beginning of The End?

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    ranting is hard work.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Poor miserable sod probably owns neither an early Porsche or Ferrari…..

For a more "refreshing" viewpoint:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/dolla...sold?icid=5868
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

saw some high sell estimates in the mid to high six figures... there is a lot of new wealth out there that is looking for a new home... the Fed is printing 75 B a month with absolutely nothing behind it... diminishing the value of currency daily...

I have a '69T, only owner from new, build date of spring 68, numbers matching, all original unmolested in any way, well maintained, NO rust anywhere at any time, nothing to restore, Fuchs, 5 speed, Webbers, Tool Roll, invoices, ready for photo op or drive... not ready to sell, where does this get slotted, after witnessing the big money spent (Gooding offered one at 400,000 to 500,000 among similar offers ) in recent auctions and the ridiculous amounts spent on bent up piles of rust
    Last edited by fromage; 08-21-2014 at 04:07 PM.

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    I'm yet to see the inflation associated with the fed printing money. Not like I was promised I would anyways...
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

"The world has created more multi-millionaires than it has really good Ferraris," Hagerty said.

And BS production has kept up nicely as well.

©Tom

Current (2013) value of KNOWN oil and gas resources on US Government land on and offshore. $128 TRILLION. About 8 times the current debt. Plus $22.5 Trillion in coal in the lower 48.

And I thought the Canadian dollar was a petrocurrency. It pales in comparison.

I'm thinking the Treasury will keep printing money for some time to come.

Drill baby drill.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I understand why people write stuff like this...they want the attention. What I don't understand is why people like to READ stuff like this.
    I think the same thing might have been said about Hans Christian Andersen's "The Emperor's New Clothes". Which of De Lorenzo's points do you take exception to?
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    I think the same thing might have been said about Hans Christian Andersen's "The Emperor's New Clothes". Which of De Lorenzo's points do you take exception to?
    He dislikes people with more money or fewer teeth than him. Not exactly rocket science.
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    If you think Peter is tough on Monterey you ought to read what he has to say about NASCAR.
    I've been reading Auto Extremist for years, and I agree with pretty much everything Peter De Lorenzo says in his Monterey rant. Thanks for reminding me to read his column this week. He's the son of the son of a sailor...

-- David

Quote Originally Posted by Nine17 View Post
    I've been reading Auto Extremist for years, and I agree with pretty much everything Peter De Lorenzo says in his Monterey rant. Thanks for reminding me to read his column this week. He's the son of the son of a sailor...

-- David
    I agree, and that is what I was trying to get at in an admittedly obtuse way - why shoot the guy who is telling you the emperor has no clothes?

I used to see Peter and his brother Tony at the Waterford Hills sports car track in Michigan in the 60s when Tony was racing a skunk works Corvette in A Production. Peter's been around for a while and understands the car industry like few others. His rants usually hit pretty close to the mark in my opinion.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823