Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @classicdriver.com - 911 S 1967 - one owner. first paint! US $ 440.000

Heinz,

Here is a text suggestion that would clarify things:

"The car was purchased in the LA area xxx number of years ago, directly from its first owner in LA (or from a dealer in the area). The photographs were taken at the first owner's home (or xxxxxx) at the time of purchase (or on xxxx date). It is completely untouched and I believe it still has its original factory paint (see depth gauge). After purchasing the car, I decided to leave it in a warehouse in the LA area (or wherever it may be) as a future project. Today the situation has changed and I've decided to move on. The car has matching numbers, unmolested, and in a highly desirable combination: 1967 911S, tangerine, clear history, and untouched."

The car is great and rare, I think we all agree on that, but the above information would make your ad more transparent and straightforward.

Nothing wrong with a steep asking price, it is your car and you do as you please!

It's a great find, and I'm sure its discovery must be a great story! Please share it with us!
    Last edited by Milou; 09-01-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Quote Originally Posted by sandbeige911 View Post
    ...and they use Mayo on their fries in Austria anyways!!!!!
    this is generalization...of its worst kind

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Sandbeige,

You would have loved this place when Raj was here.

He was the Grand Poobah of whipping boys.

Most of the time he asked for it.
    YEP! This thread definitely reminded of Raj, I was going to comment the same, but I could not remember his user name. He DID deserve it, and he was one of the worst.
    Of course, who remembers Tabs and Paul?????
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I am really trying hard to understand all of "code" in the above posts. Is the seller misrepresenting the car and its history? Is the seller playing a joke on the members here? Are some of the responses above meant to convey in a "polite way" that the seller is a scammer? Is the seller just another person who wants too much for his car?

Can someone please just clear this matter up in plain english?

Banned
    "Plain English" isn't spoken here. But I'll try to interpret:

He Wants Too Much. (We'll leave it at that.)

Ok, back to meaningless chit chat.
    Can you imagine Raj on an HOA board?

He probably moved over to one of the conspiracy theorist forums where he's busy stirring things up.
    Except for maybe Al Sharpton no one could piss more people off with so few words.

I miss him.

But I miss having jock itch too.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 09-01-2014 at 08:29 AM.

He Wants Too Much.

He probably moved over to one of the conspiracy theorist forums where he's busy stirring things up.
    Except for maybe Al Sharpton no one could piss more people off with so few words.

I miss him.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

He Wants Too Much. (We'll leave it at that.)

I miss him.

I miss TABS72...and PWD72S, but I don't miss Raj. I will leave it at that....Talk about ASKING TOO MUCH for his cars....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I think we misinterpreted 'super baby'. Heinz is thinking more in a sense of 'million dollar baby' and most of the Germans put mayo on their fries as well and the Dutch and Belgians too...
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

Gotta tell you guys, I miss Raj....

John
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 53 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 13 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Quote Originally Posted by John Straub View Post
    Gotta tell you guys, I miss Raj....

John
    I hear you......

Must admit I was very impressed w/the tone of the thread.... no mention of the dreaded word fl1p9r ......

Also interesting in relationship to the "I have been buglered of $15,000 from Carrera6" thread..... some might think you are trying to make your money back 20 fold......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"