Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El Chucho gets a couple of presents...

El Chucho gets a couple of presents...

Engine (almost) ready to be bolted to trans and installed...

Front brakes - six-pot billet calipers with AP Racing discs (bolt-on to SWB 3in struts)

Matching four-pot rear brakes with 944 Turbo discs...

Rear roll bar:

One day he/she will be finished. Honest!
    Cornwall
    UK

Get that baby on the road Keith! Very exciting...

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Will 15" wheels fit over those calipers?
    Cool parts BTW....
    H

What's the reasoning on the brakes, Keith? You don't strike me as a hardcore track day guy. Aren't stock 912 brakes the same as stock 911 brakes and sufficient for normal use ? Or did you get those for free ? just curious - they are good looking brakes for sure...
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Greg, I certainly didn't get the brakes for free (I wish...) but was approached by the company doing them who were looking at producing a kit for early cars. I said I'd be interested if they could do them to fit struts with 3in bolt spacing. They could and they did. Yes, they're overkill but look awesome and for the first time in my life I will have a car with more brakes than horsepower! Years of driving 200+bhp VWs with stock drum brakes has given me some grey hairs (OK, a lot of grey hairs!).

Harvey - yes, they fit behind 15in Fuchs and my spacesavers (also 15in) without any problems. That was part of the brief.
    Cornwall
    UK

I assumed as much. Makes sense... They are gorgeous, I was just wondering if somehow you had found the car's brakes to be insufficient... I read pretty much all you write on various magazines so I didn't get the sense you were a track beast ;-) Didn't mean to imply el chucho isn't worthy... Looking fwd to the next installment, in this or that magazine...
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Greg D. View Post
    I didn't get the sense you were a track beast ;-)
    Guess not... ;-)
    Cornwall
    UK

Keith,

Who's Lola T300........ and who's drive'n ???????????????
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Keith,

Who's Lola T300........ and who's drive'n ???????????????
    Belonged to a friend - and me driving... Cool, eh? :-)
    Cornwall
    UK