Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Narrow" Porsche in Japan

"Narrow" Porsche in Japan

There is little info in the literature or online about pre-74 Porsche in Japan.

I´m interested in more documentation regarding things like options, shops back in the day, literature, advertising material, how many cars sold, general pics etc etc

Please chime in if you have anything to share that could be of interest.

It would be especially interesting to hear from some of our Japanese members.

If you are not a member of this forum and read this, I can be reached on this email: raadmund at gmail dot com

Thanks, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Mitsuwa Motors

Mitsuwa Motors was the official importer until approx 1995 when Porsche established their own company in Japan. Even if Mitsuwa is no longer the official dealer, I had hoped they would still have some info on the cars they sold in the past. One of my friends in Tokyo recently called them to ask, but sadly they say they have no records on the early cars.

If someone have a personal contact at Mitsuwa, I would still like to be able to communicate with them directly to hear if they have general info to share. Let me know if you can help.

http://www.mizwa-motors.co.jp/mizwa-top.html
    Last edited by Schiefer; 10-06-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Updated info
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

Here you go.
    Hard to get items. (I own them all)
    They are usually beautiful designed in Japan, by the importer Mitsuwa.

1965/66 Brochure
    Cover

Inside

Rear

1967/68

1970 (cover showing 68 cars, Text reads 2.2l)

Last edited by 911T1971; 09-08-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Registry member No.773

"The Spirit of Porsche" No.7 - Mitsuwa News & Pricelist
    Cover (yes, its a 2.2l interior)

Inside

Rear
    Registry member No.773

Wow Karim! :-)
    Do you have all of the early Mitsuwa advertising material?? Until now I have only seen parts of it in the Brian Long books.

I know it is a slim chance, but when I discovered it was Mitsuwa that ordered my car in slate grey and owned it for almost a year, I started thinking maybe they used it as some kind of demonstrator? Probably not, but if you find some pics of a slate 2,2S, it´s mine
    Last edited by Schiefer; 09-07-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

Yes, I own them all. A while ago I aqquired one on a auction. The others I found a few years ago.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 09-08-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: infos
    Registry member No.773

Here are some of the pics from the Mizwa site. I believe this was printed in newspapers and magazines. The police car is especially interesting.

S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

I lived in Tokyo in the late seventies and visited Mitsuwa a few times. They had a very nice showroom in Roppongi as i recall and had a new 928 in the prime spot on the floor when last i visited. Among the collectors, there were a decent number of nice 356 cars in town, many brought back from California, but at that time long hoods were still just old models and when it came to the 911, everyone was mad for the turbo. Have some fond motoring memories, the best of which entailed an early morning run from the 'burds to Mt. Fuji in a 300SL replete with belly pans, sport cam and Rudge wheels.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Hello to all,
    I live in Japan and am having a wonderful time with 1972 Porsche 911S I got more than 20 years ago when I was in NY. I have never seen such pictures on magazines or newspaper. I am very interested in those articles. The third article from the bottom at Schiefer says that these Porsches on the race are identical to the Porsche you drive on the road.

Takahiro

Interesting - since they advertise left hand drive cars in a right hand drive market - I assume these are just translated German marketing pieces from the factory with their brand laid over - likely what all markets did - what is Japanese unique to the marketing ?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser