Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Almost finished...

Makes me wonder how sick I am, that I enjoy reading about it here first, then I'll enjoy reading about it in Classic 911 and then also probably in 911& porsche world ;-)
    Good to see it done (or is it almost?). We want action shots next !
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Greg D. View Post
    Makes me wonder how sick I am, that I enjoy reading about it here first, then I'll enjoy reading about it in Classic 911 and then also probably in 911& porsche world ;-)
    Good to see it done (or is it almost?). We want action shots next !
    Ha! Not as sick as I am that I can't drive it yet! ;-) Wiring to sort out then last few relatively minor jobs...
    Glad you enjoy the story - hearing the feedback is what keeps me going when I feel like walking away from it all.

(PS - It's Classic Porsche, not Classic 911... )
    Cornwall
    UK

Very impressive Keith. There are lots of Porsche rebuilds on here and elsewhere, but amongst all of those you have managed to do a really different take. Some bold choices in the colour, the dash and particularly the wheels - they look great and are reminiscent of the old Alfas. It is, however, quintessentially still a Porsche and is really distinctive. Sales of the mag may drop off after this is completed, as it has generated so much interest. Well done.
    Merv

Member # 2633
    Cars:
    Porsche '68 - 911N (Sold)
    Porsche 356B (T-6) S Coupe
    Porsche 2008 C2 997 Cabriolet (Sold)
    Porsche 2010 Gen.2 Boxster S

Thanks Merv, you're way too kind! I just did what I did, 'stealing' little ideas from here and there, some Porsche, some Cal Look VW. Glad you like it. Hope I do when I eventually get to drive it!
    Cornwall
    UK

Love it Keith.
    Just like the rest I enjoy(ed) reading about the progress in Classic Porsche.
    And just like many others here (and you ofcourse) I'm looking forward to a report after the first few trips!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    . . . Love it . . .

. . . looking forward to a report after the first few trips! . . .
    Hear-hear!

Time to dust 'er up a bit?

We Can Be Heroes

OK you guys! Honestly, I'm trying my best! I'm buried with magazine work at the moment but have asked the crew at R-to-RSR to get stuck into some of the remaining jobs – primarily the wiring and completing the brake installation.

The aim is to get El Chucho on the road by autumn/fall, and do some shakedown miles before salt hits our roads.

You'll be the first to know!
    Cornwall
    UK

Excellent!

We Can Be Heroes