Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Parks visit 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Day 1............Cross the Golden Gate Bridge, take the Hwy 1 exit in Mill Valley and follow the signs to Hwy 1. Travel up Hwy 1 to Point Reyes Station. Stop for some window shopping and maybe buy some cheese at the CowGirl Creamery. Have lunch at La Osteria or better yet have a hamburger at Marin Sun Farms just south of Pt Reyes Station. Hint.....order the Lamb Burger! Drive north on Hwy 1 through Marshall and stop at Hog Island Oyster Co. You may not be too hungry after your Lamb Burger but it is still worth the stop. Continue up Hwy 1 to the Petaluma Hwy. Go through Petaluma and proceed east on Hwy 121 through the Vinyards to Hwy 29 in Napa. Go through Napa and travel up Silverado Trail to Meadow Wood Resort. Stay there and have dinner in their Restaurant. It is very expensive but worth the splurge.
    Day 2........... Visit wineries in the Napa Valley. I can make some recommendations, if you wish. In the afternoon, make your way to Yosemite and book a room at the Ahwaahnee Hotel in Yosemite Valley and have dinner in their dining room.
    It will be about 2 1/2 hours to Yosemite Valley from the Napa Valley. Use Trip Advisor for suggestions other than mine.
    Day 3.............Sight see in Yosemite and make your way back to SF.

Regards

Jim
    PS: This plan would be pretty ambitious!

This is great, thank you Jim, I've now seen all the places you recommend, and it's pretty much exactly what we were looking for! Many thanks, Thomas

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Thomas

Feel free to contact me any time.

Regards

Jim
    PS: You should have a great time.

The Sandpiper House Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Milou View Post
    . . . prefer comfortable b&b or charming hotels (with parking) but it's not easy to decide from internet sites . . .
    Been a coupla years, but I still remember our stay at The Sandpiper House Inn, in Elk. Right on The One w/ spectacular views of the coast. Had to drive through redwood groves to get there, too. Kinda remote --- closest town is Mendocino . . . 'artist colony' stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Thanks Rick, it looks beautiful! I've found a nice B&B in SF and now working on the rest of the trip. It's looking like we'll go East but Sandpiper house seems great.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Wherever you go, Thomas . . .

. . . take/share some pics --- if you can?

We Can Be Heroes

Jim's schedule is good.

I also like the drive through Anderson Valley to Mendocino.

As for Napa, Meadowwood is great and the restaurant is renowned. I probably prefer Calistoga Ranch to stay at though.

You also can't go wrong exploring the roads of Sonoma - much more interesting to me than Napa.

Smile

Just landed in SF yesterday, wonderful weather!

We're meeting Freddie this afternoon who's bringing the car from Oregon.

We'll stay in San Francisco a couple of days before driving to the Yosemite park!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

The nicest small hotel and restaurant in the Yosemite area is in Oakhurst on the southern side -- http://www.chateausureau.com/restaurant.html. Erna's Elderberry House is a great restaurant and is a Relais & Chateaux. Jon
    '61 356B Super 90 Cabriolet
    '67 911S Coupe
    '70 914/6 GT

Thanks Jon,

Here is the link to the trip we're doing:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Yosemite-Park

We've found a cool place in Yosemite, will post in a couple of days!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Looks like you were in the neighborhood but make sure to go to the West end of Broadway up in Pacific Heights. Its the perfect SF view and you can walk the "steps"