Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 1969 Soft window targa question

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    Karim, 018 left the factory 1/67. 500024 (a polo red S), 500025 (a gulf blue S) and 500027 were also built 1/67 and went straight to the USA. These were registered 3/67 and 4/67. 500005 and 500008 (the latter one being Frank's car) did not make it to the US shore until 7/67, although both of them were built months before the first US-bound cars (9/66). Hope I am not overstepping my boundaries with this rhetoric, Curt.

“It is this simplicity that makes the uneducated more effective than the educated when addressing popular audiences—makes them, as the poets tell us, 'charm the crowd's ears more finely.' Educated men lay down broad general principles; uneducated men argue from common knowledge and draw obvious conclusions.”
    ― Aristotle, The Rhetoric & The Poetics of Aristotle
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    “It is this simplicity that makes the uneducated more effective than the educated when addressing popular audiences—makes them, as the poets tell us, 'charm the crowd's ears more finely.' Educated men lay down broad general principles; uneducated men argue from common knowledge and draw obvious conclusions.”
    ― Aristotle, The Rhetoric & The Poetics of Aristotle
    Sounds like you are on the wrong forum. Off topic or try a search on google for an aristotle fan club. This forum is about early 911s, soft window targas etc.

You have had no constructive input on the topic, just that it is rhetoric, it's 'just a code' and I must be bored for trying to find out more details. An Engine number on a cardex or COA is 'just a number' as well, so people must be retarded for paying for one if it is just a piece of worthless information.

For MY 1968 the 'hard window' targa option looks to be very well documented on the Targa cars from what I have found. The list posted earlier in this thread is a great start to complete and try to get an idea what was out there.
    Last edited by Jules Dielen; 09-18-2014 at 07:40 PM.

~J~
    air cooled only

Here are more VIN's, confirmed as Soft Window Targa's

VIN 911 02 1 0673, 911 E, tangerine
    VIN 911 01 1 0275, 911 T, irish green
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Here are more VIN's, confirmed as Soft Window Targa's

VIN 911 02 1 0673, 911 E, tangerine
    VIN 911 01 1 0275, 911 T, irish green
    Thanks Karim.

What's your method of confirmation? (Kardex, CoA, FS ad copy, word of mouth, etc). Given the claims that some of the LWB SWTs were not documented as such on the kardex, I think it's important to begin capturing this info.

Bryce
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Bryce , It was delivered to me recently by its owner which I know, who has several SWT's and has for all his cars their individual Kardex and COA. When the SWT was not mentioned on the Kardex (as its reported on several other LWB cars), construction details during rebuilding indicated its a SWT.
    see also my infos on posts 42 and 61.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 09-20-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Registry member No.773

The count of 1969 S targas is currently at 15 and counting. All backed up with docs. An 'official' database is currently in the works for those who are interested.

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    The count of 1969 S targas is currently at 15 and counting. All backed up with docs. An 'official' database is currently in the works for those who are interested.
    Indeed. More info here
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...8SWT%29-Thread
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

From what I have found I agree the SWT was the "standard" targa offering from the the first ones, hence no code.
    Then as the glass, and heated options came in the codes are there.
    I have never seen the 9356 code - is that the tonneau?

I think it's already listed here but both my 69 and 71 orig drivers manuals have the SWT maintenance details.

I saw two 73 targas with out glass today and both did not have the captive nuts in the handle mounts, yet they had the scalloped cut outs where the window seal attached near the parcel shelf area.

Also my 72 targa had no window options at all, so I think 71 was the last of the SWT unless after was by special wishes.
    Cheers

Dave
    73S Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Piechamp View Post
    I have never seen the 9356 code - is that the tonneau?
    read page 1 post 13, its (1969) option code for Soft Window Targa and came w rear deleted seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Piechamp View Post
    I think it's already listed here but both my 69 and 71 orig drivers manuals have the SWT maintenance details.
    Driver manuals are not reliable at all, as they commonly used older pics from cars.
    In one instance, the front compartment with jack is from a 67 but its still used in a 71 manual.
    You need to check period accessories option lists for each year. But possible the 69/71 manuals used SWT pics as the SWT was still available.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 09-25-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Registry member No.773

[QUOTE=911T1971;760987]read page 1 post 13, its (1969) option code for Soft Window Targa and came w rear deleted seats.

Not necessarily, as the european delivery 1969 SWT also showed 9356, and they DID have rear seats, only the US Models had the mandatory rear seat delete in the SWTs.

~J~
    air cooled only