Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still have the oil decals in the oil flap of their 1972 911?

Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911 View Post
    gas station attendants could not mistakenly pour gasoline into the oil filler without a clueless owner popping the wrong door from the interior, could they?

I want that setup on my car - but it is way too spendy to do it now.
    As an owner of a '72, I could easily see how it could happen without the stickers. At a full service station, if an owner went inside while his car was being filled, it would be just as easy to get it in the oil filler as the gas fill. The two fillers are on opposite sides of the car and the first one spotted by the attendant is the one they'll go after. If they open the passenger door, it's the only puller and flap on that side of the car.

I have an oil can logo on my cap, but the car was resprayed at some point. No sticker on the flap. I did get one for future use though. You could put a neon sign on it, and gas could still end up being put in there.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  44.7 KB
    You can almost hear attendants now... "Hey, this gas tank fill went awfully quick"
    Greg

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...you're right.” - Henry Ford

I found this, interestingly on another gold metallic '72. The colors look different from the ones kindly posted by Mr. Cilker above. Can someone measure the size of their stickers mm or inches?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by c diddy; 09-22-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Are either of these available to purchase?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

I have never seen the oil sticker on the cap - only the hatch with a raised oil on the cap - perhaps dependent on a mfg. date with a different oil cap introduced sometime ?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Okay, here's a picture of my '72 oil cap and flap. This car has been parked in storage since 1986 and I'm sure this setup is original. The oil cap says oil and has the sticker.Name:  20140924_133523.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  71.8 KB
    The oil sticker on the inside flap looks to have scrubbed at some point, and the paint came off leaving the oil outlined. BTW, the car is a Jan. of '72 build.

My oil cap has a sticker too. October 1971 build.Name:  72 oil cap.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  66.5 KB
    1972 911 Narrow-Body Group 4 Project - On The Road.

The stickers on my car measure:
    oil cap sticker - length 29mm, width 14mm
    Oil door sticker - length 60mm, width 25mm
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

Thanks Bill.

BTW I'm seeing more and more of the Metallic Gold these days, though rarely in person.

Hi all!

If any body need oil flap decals, let me know in PM. I have 100% accordance with original decals.
    Some pics:

Car Bone - Engine DECALS in accordance with ORIGINAL
    Decals For all early Porsche models!
    My Porsche - 911 Targa sc - My Love