Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Targa 50th

Banned
    Mike, it seems the SS did not appreciate our previous opinions regarding Brown Sporto Targas.

I had a hunch the TMZ thread was a freak of nature and simply a holiday from SOP around here.
    Oh well, it was fun while it lasted; almost reminded me of the days prior to communist ruled Germany.

And yes, I'm in for a Targa celebration. Spring of '16 will be our target date to have 500008 finished.

I'll be 8 and 9 and maybe my Daughter's, means 3 Targas. I had a dog named Targa and 34 years later, my Daughter has a dog named Targa. We are a family of Targa's...cause I love em!! You know what they say " they are always better when their tops are off!"

KJ

Damn this is gathering momentum. I think that we will rival the National Coven of DMC owners that I ran into in downtown St. Louis a number of years back.
    Any thoughts on location and dates?

Frank, I did a double take when they deleted our posts. I'm not sure what was objectionable about them as they were in good fun. Naturally a car is an inanimate object and cannot actually commit suicide (as much as it may want to).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 50/50 View Post
    Damn this is gathering momentum. I think that we will rival the National Coven of DMC owners that I ran into in downtown St. Louis a number of years back.
    Any thoughts on location and dates?
    Great Scott!
    Well... we do have our Targa bands that may remind some of a major appliance? Hopefully that's as close as our cars ever get to resembling a DeLorean.

If the event is in Scottsdale I will buy ALL of the beer. And it won't be cheap stuff either.

My vote is Frank's shop and I will get the tab on the Brats. My Carrera Targa is now in Huntington Beach, so an ezzie drive to AZland!

Ah AZ in August! We can include commemorative T-50 SPF 100 Sun Bonnets when we go topless in the mid day. Maybe Royal Hawaiian or CU-tone will lead sponsor.

10 and counting

Count me in. Even it is has to be in AZ during our monsoon season.

500001 left the plant in mid July..... that is even worse in AZ. How about Montana, Glacier NP or Canada.....

~J~
    air cooled only

Banned
    Mid July would be a symbolic milestone date for the event. If that's the target how about Road America during the Hawk weekend?

Might be able to arrange some accommodation at the event by track management.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Mid July would be a symbolic milestone date for the event. If that's the target how about Road America during the Hawk weekend?

Might be able to arrange some accommodation at the event by track management.
    That could work for a low key ,cost effective event. Somewhat central location, nice events and roads.
    Don't know about the West Coast contingent?

Still holding at 10?