Thread: Need your opinion on spark plugs and more?

Need your opinion on spark plugs and more?

Hello from Niagara, Ontario... I'm getting some help on a few items and need your opinions.

1966 911 (303565), planning to replace the spark plugs, pulled one for reference, BERU 250 14 3P pink top. Is there a better replacement plug or should I stay with this brand, any suggestions?

I'm going to replace the cap, points, rotor and condenser, any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks for your opinions,
    Regards,
    Mike

For Spark Plugs I'd recommend NGK BP7ES.

Regis turd ab user
    In your cooler climate you could also use NGK BP6ES, a bit hotter plug and will also help prevent fouling especially for around town driving and at idle. As far as distributor parts, Bosch distributor, Bosch parts. How are your plug wires?

Quote Originally Posted by 911s55 View Post
    In your cooler climate you could also use NGK BP6ES, a bit hotter plug and will also help prevent fouling especially for around town driving and at idle. As far as distributor parts, Bosch distributor, Bosch parts. How are your plug wires?
    Thanks for the suggestion, I did read that the 6 might be a bit better than the 7 regarding the plugs. The plugs don't look so good and neither do the points, cap and the rotor but the wires appear good from a visual, should I just change the wires as well? The car ran pretty good with these items in the current condition.

Thanks for the input,
    Mike

If you can grab the plug wires with the engine running and not get shocked then they're mostly okay. Or as an alternative, with the engine running (at night) spray the wires with water and look for a light display around the wires, if you get one the insulation is bad. Use ONLY copper stranded replacement wires. If your present wires have soldered on distributor cap ends then unsolder them and transfer to the new wires. NONE of the replacement sets will bother with this little detail.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

BP7ES. At $1.79 each, it is cheaper to replace them than to spend the time cleaning them. Buy a couple sets and the Bosch gapper.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Thanks for the input fellows, I appreciate it.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Mike