Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Been driving the Sahara Beige 3.0 widebody in the beautiful AZ weather these days. This is such a special car. The CIS with the big intake runners of the 78 3.0 engine and SSIs really allow this car to stretch out for a grin inducing ride every time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Such a beautiful car. Love it.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Does the Sahara Beige match the AZ landscape?

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Does the Sahara Beige match the AZ landscape?
    It does fit very nicely in the AZ desert...thank you. It is a fairly rare color...only offered as standard for 1 or 2 MYs...it's not really yellow, not beige, just in-between...and the gold accents work well with it I think.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Anything new about these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Anything new about these cars?
    not sure if that was specifically for Gib; but if it was intended in a more general sense, mine is still awaiting Celette time post-wreck. But I've been gathering black trim & clear glass to convert it over when it is being reassembled.
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

It was in general sense, so thank you for the update.

hi, i have a 79 3.0 and im getting ready to install SSIs, also considering a Dansk stainless steel sport muffler, but have heard some say this setup is a bit too loud for a cruise with the wife. any experience out there?
    cheers, g

Kurt Donohoe, who if the former owner of Partsklassik in Flagstaff, AZ has a new business...doing training videos for and working with shops on how to work on these early 911s. Kurt has 30 years experience with Porsche cars, and really knows these cars in every detail from a factory training viewpoint. His new website is : www.klassikats.com

My son and I recently took the 3.0 RS to his shop in Flagstaff to get some help in getting the engine running. It had been more than 3 years since I had done anything with it after my wife's passing. Kurt found lots of things that needed attention. I had installed a JB Racing twin plug dizzy which wasn't the best choice for the CDI boxes from Partsklassik. So we ordered a twin plug from TRE Motorsports, which Kurt recommended. https://tremotorsports.com/engine/tw...h-connectivity

Kurt ended up going through everything on the engine: MFI setup, oil system, fuel lines, new spark plugs, valve adjustment, oil tank and coolers, electrical connections...pretty much every system. He has a test bench for setting the timing advance on these diizzys through a blue tooth connection built into them. He checks the CDI boxes with the dizzy to confirm total compatibility. The timing advance now duplicates the RSR setup pretty closely, which should allow this engine with 10.3 CR to really perform well.

Here is a short YouTube video of the engine running: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSQE...ature=youtu.be

My son, who now owns the car is very happy right now....he envisions the car in this mode one day....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJKM...ature=youtu.be
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Is TRE selling the distributor that Kurt designed? (I've been waiting for it to come out)
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436