Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Joey,

I am planning to bring it this year....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

It looks great, Gib

Yay Gib ! Looking real good ! I could barely contain my excitement. What if you install the HB MFI motor just for our Treffen 20th anniversary event ?

Just kidding Gib !

Anything new?

Gib,

Hope you don't mind me adding a pic or two to your fantastic thread.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Very nice indeed Phil ! Is that a 76 Sahara Beige ?

Light Yellow, thanks
    Early S Junkie # 658

No news... Good news?

Hi Gib, can't believe I only ran into this great thread now.
    Had a great Monday evening going through the 72 pages and again learning a few things in the process.
    (I never knew for example there's different sizes of torsion bar holes in the rear RSR flares - made me check right away what mine were )
    Love the 3.0RS - well done!

Thank you, guys for the kind comments and looking at this thread. It began so long ago in my life...lots of changes since it began. The 70s Porsche production of cars was changing rapidly, US laws about emissions and accident impacts affected designs of the iconic 911. I think any 70s 911 has significant value in many ways, and the impact bumper cars were produced for 16 model years....which gives them special values for me. Yes, there are a lot of SCs out there, but they are great cars. Porsche established its racing heritage based on the impact bumper type of 911 variance...because that was what they were producing in the day to afford racing programs. I feel the 3.0 RS was so special...maybe 54 or 55 were produced...they should be the iconic street 911...not the 2.7 RS...but they are associated with the impact bumper era, and so few were made that not many in America really knew about them.

Guys should think about building a replica of the 3.0 RS rather than a 2.7 RS, because they offer better performance with a 3.0 alum engine case, the same light weight, and much more rarity in factory production.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17