Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Your car was one of my favorites in the parking lot at Napa, Gib. The car looks fantastic in person (in metal ?). I like the gold centers; the RSR finish is certainly more "familiar" to us all, but the gold is striking and provides a more distinctive look. You are already on the slope, the IROC bumpers look great to my eye and losing 70 lbs is a good thing, but do change the character of the car.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

I'll go either way....

I like both the matt Silver RSR-look and the "Gold"-look....and you are in a unique position to switch back and forth at will.....not a bad position to be in!....as I mentioned previously, the front bumper and valance set-up I think is perfect for this car...with chrome head-light trim-rings and bright trim...perfect...the IROC-bumper will reduce the classy look and as Nick and Harvey mentioned, "will change the character of the car" ...let the Red car be the "Bad Boy"....it's only my personal opinion, of course .../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Thanks for the comments, guys. One other option would be to leave the lips polished and paint the centers gold, and use a black outlined gold CARRERA script. Here are some pics taking the bumpers out of the picture to see the effect. It might work with the impact bumpers...but I wonder what the car would look like without rocker covers...?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 05-21-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Well...all one has to do these days is look on Google...

Here are some pics of a 74 Carrera modified by Patrick Motorsport with impact bumpers but without rockers...in Sahara Beige no less. They used a Speedster valence instead of the turbo rubber spoiler.

Also, there is a thread on Pelican showing impact bumper 911s without rockers...

I don't like the black wheels, and I feel a script between the wheels would improve this car, but to each his own. The pics do give me some idea of how it might look without the rockers. I think I would use a 1 1/2" black vinyl strip where the black rubber on the rockers now sits.

Removing the rockers would be a quarter step toward the IROC/3.0 RS bumper look...not sure it really works, but it might be worth a look. This car would look quite different with polished lip/gold center Fuchs.

...Maybe a little too much Magnus Walker-ish here.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 05-21-2017 at 03:28 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Hello Gib, well both our RS 3.0 replicas did not make the Napa Treffen but I finally got mine from Ryan this weekend & I spent some time cleaning & detailing it. Here are some pics of my attempt @ a Carrera RS 3.0 replica.

Brgds

Joey

Hi Gib,

a bit biased but I love the Gold Porsche stripe and wheel center, few picts of he Sepia Brown 930 we built recently

th96uR.jpg

Gratuitous pics on the Montlhéry banking

ZDmeWl.jpg
    Last edited by OliveR; 05-22-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Joey,

Your car looks outstanding! You were very fortunate to find that car in the condition it is in, and with the flares, wheels already on the car. Maybe next year we can sit them side by side at the R Gruppe gathering.

OliveR,

I saw pics of your car on Pelican awhile back. I really like what you have done with it...the bright work, early mirror on driver side only, no fogs, and the different rubber on the tail to soften the heavy 3.3 turbo tail look. The gold centers and script really make Sepia look spectacular...(something I never thought I would say about Sepia...)

I am beginning to come around to using the gold accents, and sticking with the impact bumpers for now. But I think the polished lips with the gold centers will give the Sahara Beige more of a lift...it is such a subtle color.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Here is the James Hunt 3.0 RS with color slightly softened from Canary Yellow, showing what the Sahara Beige might look like with FG bumpers and gold accents.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

My first steps will be to get the centers painted gold, and put a gold CARRERA script on the side....and then see how I feel about it. I really like how the Hunt 3.0 RS looks...but maybe one FG bumper 3.0 RS tribute is enough. One thing for sure, I am not removing the pristine cork interior.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 05-25-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    One thing for sure, I am not removing the pristine cork interior.
    On the other hand, I'm swapping mine out for black - in case anyone needs a disco-fabulous 74/75 interior similar to Gibs?:

hulk-44.jpg

hulk-63.jpg

hulk-57.jpg

keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436