Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    I'd be curious to check how that engine would behave with full EFI with individual throttle bodies conversion ...
    There are lots of comments on Pelican about EFI with ITBs on 3.0 engines... but I am just old fashioned about these 70s cars and like to stick with period induction. With choices of carbs, MFI, and CIS...there is no lack of good peformance options. Not as fuel efficient as EFI, nor as infinitely adjustable for the right fuel/air mixture at every throttle position either...but simpler to get good performance from for a guy who still uses a flip phone.

I notice you have a C3.0...is it still CIS?
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Bob:

That is a nice looking SC! I do like your Tartan choice...I considered that pattern for my car also. These 70s cars were built when bell bottoms and long sideburns were in, and lots of color on everything...madras, Janis Joplin psychedelic paint schemes, etc. Tartan just seems appropriate for these cars, especially those in Sahara Beige.

Have you done anything else to get more performance out of the 78 3.0 CIS engine? The SSIs make a big difference for sure, and just taking off weight helps a lot.

That Red 85 Euro Turbo Look I had was one nice car for sure. It went back across the pond to Norway. Did you buy back the Minerva Blue C3.0 with MFI you sold yet? That definitely is a keeper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Very nice car!

What is the average to low price for this model in the US? Non sunroof, in descent shape?

Thanks!

Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    There are lots of comments on Pelican about EFI with ITBs on 3.0 engines... but I am just old fashioned about these 70s cars and like to stick with period induction. With choices of carbs, MFI, and CIS...there is no lack of good peformance options. Not as fuel efficient as EFI, nor as infinitely adjustable for the right fuel/air mixture at every throttle position either...but simpler to get good performance from for a guy who still uses a flip phone.

I notice you have a C3.0...is it still CIS?
    Yes, it's still CIS equipped, the car itself is entirely stock (beside the hydraulic chain tensioners) ... CIS is not my favorite injection system at all, but it actually works
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Very nice car!

What is the average to low price for this model in the US? Non sunroof, in descent shape?

Thanks!

Olivier
    Olivier;

The latest issue of Excellence (Nov 2014) has an article about the market value of the 74-89 911s, and it was surprising to me that the 74-77 cars are valued higher for an excellent example than SCs and Carreras. Here are the numbers from the article:

MY average good excellent
    74-77 17,000 28,000 35,000
    78-83 18,000 27,500 33,000
    84-89 20,000 28,000 32,000

An excellent car is described as 'Very clean but not concours quality, could be well maintained, older restoration of very good original. Matching numbers.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Drove again this morning....engine seems to be getting better....maybe needed to be driven a little to clear out the cob webs. The CIS continues to impress.

Here are some shots I took after the drive. Putting a wide body on a mid 70s car just seems to make these cars very special. Couple the beautiful curves with a 3.0L engine and the WOW factor goes up quite a bit. Using different Porsche bits, a guy can build a car that excites his imagination...and that is what mid 70s 911 ownership is all about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Interesting, an excellent middie is now worth more than an excellent SC or Carrera. That was not the case as little as 2 years ago. Remember when middies and 964s were in the same yeah its a Porsche but who wants it group?
    Gib, where are you finding all these great cars!!??

Great looking Car Gib...

...and the 3.0 CIS with the large runners is fantastic...Christian, we live in the wrong zip-code to have a "middie" like this...anything newer that 1975 will have to be smog compliant(maybe even visual)...yes, yes, yes,...I know there are ways around it but sooner or later you gott'a "face the music"...maybe we can move-in with Gib?...No?.../ Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Hagerty is about the same.

1979 $12,400, $19,500, $33,200, $45,900

1982 $13,400, $20,400, $35,600, $51,300

The '82 is moving up fast.

Richard Newton

... meanwhile, Carrera 3.0 are getting collectable and ... P.O.A

http://www.maxted-page.com/resourcel...548c8f65e5.pdf
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter