Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

RS 2.8 and RS 3.0

Plastic in the 2.8 and I'd venture it was steel in the 3.0. All from the Starkey book.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

RS photos

Some photos...
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Thanks. I'll take one, please.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Those are really great pics, Ernie. Maybe factory shots for an advertisement. The car has wheels with the early versions with 2 stage anodized outers. Harvey says the 2 stage anodizing is correct....and that is what my wheels will have, but the factory also showed polished lip versions. A March 74 photo from the Geneva Show shows polished wheels on the factory display car.

A key feature to distinguish the early correct rear flares is the location of the torsion hole relative to the curved edge surrounding it, and how closely the edge is to the hole. The car shown on the link posted by 928cs has a different flare shape in this area, and the side view opening looks different, which may mean the flare has been replaced at some point in its life. Both these referenced cars have the CARRERA script with a black outline, which is correct for the early versions, while most restorations today do not use the outlined script.

I like the pics of both cars with all the correct details, but since the link shows a restored car and Ernie's pics are early pics from the day, there is no way of telling if they are the same car from the pics...only the VIN will tell.

The last pic is from an article in Total 911 showing the correct rear flare leading edge shape.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thank you for the inspiration Gib ! Pls keep the pics coming.

while we're at it, what is this? (between the oil level/temp gauges)

1974-Porsche-Carrera-3.0-RS-2 (1).jpg
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Keith,

A possible answer....Kremer placed a battery cutoff pull knob in that position on some of their STs, as did the factory. The factory placed the Bosch cutoff switch in the radio speaker beginning in 73, but they didn't install one on the 'street' 3.0 RS, so it is possible this 3.0 RS was used for track work and wanted an easy way to get a required battery cutoff feature.

Randy Wells took a pic of the original Kremer ST at RR III and you can barely see the red pull knob on the dash. I installed one on my version of the Kremer ST shown on the right.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib,

looks like a fire system pull to me.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

74 rs 9114609029
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry