Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Car Looks great Gibb - you must be itching to be driving it! I've been travelling through Arizona & New Mexico today heading for Colorado. If I had more time I would have tried to arrange to swing by your way for a look at your stable

Cheers, Cam
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Thanks, Cam...hope your drive to Colorado was a safe one. Some of the most beautiful country in the world in that state.

Starting to hook up things underneath. There is an issue with the speedo drive boss that I will need to address, so will hold off mounting the rear sway bar for now.

Edit; The headers are 1 5/8 European-by-George type, powder coated Titanium.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 08-07-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I had to pull the engine out of the car today...bummer. The mechanical speedo threaded bung on the tranny nose cover needed repairing, and I couldn't do it in the tiny space under the car. I think I have it successfully repaired now, and will put the engine back in tomorrow. Meanwhile...it's a dance with red and yellow 911s swapping places back and forth.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Finally got around to replacing the black HL surrounds on the chrome H4s with black H4 rings...they fit much better and look more refined. Adjusted the hood and removed the hood shocks which caused the FG hood to bulge in the middle and not lie flat. Interior is next.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Thanks, Cam...hope your drive to Colorado was a safe one. Some of the most beautiful country in the world in that state.

Starting to hook up things underneath. There is an issue with the speedo drive boss that I will need to address, so will hold off mounting the rear sway bar for now.

Edit; The headers are 1 5/8 European-by-George type, powder coated Titanium.
    Hi Gib,

The car is coming along very nicely. How do you like the European Headers by George?

Were they easy to install with no fitment issues or did they need some muscle to mate up to the muffler?

Is the diameter 1 5/8" an inside or outside diameter?

Thanks,

Bert
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Car is looking great!
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Hi Gib,

The car is coming along very nicely. How do you like the European Headers by George?

Were they easy to install with no fitment issues or did they need some muscle to mate up to the muffler?

Is the diameter 1 5/8" an inside or outside diameter?

Thanks,

Bert
    Bert,

Headers with extensions always take a little finesse to get fitted...but it's not too hard. It is a good idea to not tighten bolts until it is all assembled. The 1 5/8" is OD.

The ride height looks higher now... it is because I had it on the lift again and didn't roll it around much to let it settle down. The rubber bushings take some dynamics to reach a final resting spot...

Thanks for the comment, Keith.

Edit: For those who asked privately...the Light yellow ST is sitting high in the rear because its engine is out being rebuilt into a twin plug 10.3 CR 2.7L.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 08-14-2017 at 05:25 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Ordered the RS carpet and door panel sets today, will begin installing them next week. My fix for the speedo bung didn't work, so I have ordered another nose piece. Fun working on 40 year old cars...
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

We had a big thunder storm early this morning...lightening and wind too, but not much rain. It made for some good light to take some pics. Within 15 minutes after taking these the skies cut loose again with more rain. In the desert, we celebrate rain, often standing inside just watching it come down. We only get maybe a dozen of these days per year in most years....
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Well...it's no Singer...not even close, but for the poor-of-wallet it will satisfy the urge pretty well when it finally gets running.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17