Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Hi Gib,

really nice, the black surrounds fit perfectly, what kind of seats are you planning to install ?
    My thought, Lollipop seats would be cool
    BTW we are making high quality reproduction of original Lollipop seat with some good mods (wider/better shape/etc....)

OliveR,

I have 3 different seats that are possibilities for use. A Recaro Rallye II, a Scheel race bucket, and a Scheel 400 type seat that would be more comfortable for longer driving events. I haven't decided yet on the final solution, but will start with these. I don't have a problem using different seats for driver and passenger.

I think the lollipop seats are neat, and are proper for 74 but are more for track driving. This car is intended for street use. I don't like the 2.8 RSR/3.0 RS light weight seats as practical offerings, so will go with something different.

The Rallye II seats were introduced in 74, as were the 3.0 RSs, although the two were never together from the factory. I feel many of the 3.0 RS owners probably ditched the factory seats for either better race seats (lollipops) or more comfortable and safe road seats. The neat thing about a 'tribute' is that you can do different things than what the factory did.

As an example, I really like the Personal steering wheel much more than the stock wheel. It has a really good feel with a fat grip and is in excellent condition...but I haven't used one yet in driving, so we'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Removed a bunch of weight today...the glove box door. Actually it is only 2 lbs but it seems like it weighs more when you hold it in your hand. It is one of the most frustrating removal tasks on an early 911...4 almost inaccessible bolts, the actual box itself, and the knee pad. What was Porsche thinking when they designed this system?
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

[QUOTE=letsrollbabe;939289]Bert,

Headers with extensions always take a little finesse to get fitted...but it's not too hard. It is a good idea to not tighten bolts until it is all assembled. The 1 5/8" is OD.

Thanks Gib.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Removed a bunch of weight today...the glove box door. Actually it is only 2 lbs but it seems like it weighs more when you hold it in your hand. It is one of the most frustrating removal tasks on an early 911...4 almost inaccessible bolts, the actual box itself, and the knee pad. What was Porsche thinking when they designed this system?
    Looking good there, Gib!

You've got me on the proper flares, but we're gonna be twins in most other details!

IMG_5454.jpg
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    Looking good there, Gib!

You've got me on the proper flares, but we're gonna be twins in most other details!

IMG_5454.jpg
    Keith,

I applaud what you are doing with the green 75, and am looking forward to seeing it some day. However.....one feature we will differ on is THE CLOCK. I really like having a clock so will leave mine in. I know the originals deleted it like you have, but i am willing to live with the additional weight and incorrectness of my working 40+ yr old clock.

My car should be around 2350 lbs when finished, which will translate into less than 10 lb/hp...a good place for a project to reside.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib,

a 7200 red line tach would be cool too ;-)

OliveR,

Yes, I agree...but I want to wait until I start up the engine to be sure the tach works properly with the JBR dizzy and digital CDIs before I send it off fo get the 7200 redline done. If there is a circuit issue I want them to be able to address that also.

Looking at lots of pics of original 3.0 RSs, just like every other production run of cars, there are variances. Some kept the glove box, some had door tops while most left them off. One feature my car has is a potentiometer for adjusting the wiper speed (next to steering box right side), and I did find one original car that also had this feature. The Hesketh (Hunt) RHD 3.0 RS had electric windows, door speakers, but no glove box door or door tops...but it did have the wiper potentiometer. Apparently these cars were ordered just like every other 911 in the day...go through a list of options and check them off.

The US cars had seat belt warning lights that were not on Euro cars, so I have 'blacked' this out on mine (last pic).
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Euro MY 74 had unstamped heater contol panel ;-)

uDVBAo.jpg

4erarM.jpg

4erarM.jpg

And thinner early G type wiper, turn signal switches ;-)

4dkmqg.jpg

V2aawJ.jpg

That heater control panel bezel is clean! neat.
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436