Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

I guess I just got lucky with my body shop placement of the flares...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Been visiting Terre Haute, Indiana to attend a high school reunion. Lots of memories and laughs.

A couple more pics from that recent great-light morning...
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Back to doing something on the car....

Here are some pics with the second Recaro Rallye II seat mounted. I placed it in the driver position because I like the look of it better. I will wait to have the tartan inserts installed until I get the car running down the road awhile. The seats don't match now, but they will.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 09-19-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I had to pull the engine out again because I broke the tranny throttle stud for mounting the throttle bell crank (don't ask how). It is so much easier to drill out the stud end when the tranny is out of the car. I got it drilled out and retapped, but while waiting on the replacement stud, I decided to make an aluminum bracket to hold the washer bottle in the smuggler's box. It is attached using an existing hole on the front edge of the box.

Both the IROC and 3.0 RS cars used this location for storing the washer bottle because the normal '74 911 location for the large washer fluid container in the drivers fender was used for the tranny loop cooler. The factory left the small pump located in the battery box area rather than mount it with the bottle (I assume) because it was easier to rerun the plastic fluid lines than relocate the wiring from the standard 911 harness. My wiring connections for the pump are located in battery box area, so I will try this method for working the windshield washers.

The white car with the dual fuel pumps in the smuggler's box is a 3.0 RS, while the other white car with the ring bracket for the bottle is an IROC car with the fuel pumps on the deck above the smuggler's box. The pic of my red car shows 42 years of dirt accumulation that needs to get cleaned up.

Edit: Hooked up the washer system by running two plastic lines from the washer bottle (in the smuggler's box) to the pump, mounted on the forward wall in the trunk. The 'T' in one of the plastic lines (near the pump) sends the fluid to the washer nozzles, or returns it to the tank. AND IT WORKS!
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 09-22-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

The engine is back in...still need to install the rear sway bar.

i have been thinking about seat belts, so I dug through my stash and found these G Force belts (date compliant) from another car. I will use these for awhile, and see how I like them. They connect to the roll bar behind the seats, and eye bolts on the tunnel and eye bolts in the factory threaded bungs on the body side channels.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Got most things hooked up....oil lines, rear sway bar, CV axles, clutch, mechanical speedo. The horns also work now...I sometimes wonder about the designers at Porsche in the 70s...the horn mounting bracket and hardware could support 15 lb. at least. Not sure what forces they were trying to counteract with this very sturdy mounting system.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 09-24-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

It was such a beautiful morning I decided to cruise the back country in the 77 WB. The corn and cotton crops are all gone, now just waiting for the fall/winter growing season to begin here. I love the look of old dilapidated buildings and abandoned facilities that reflect the ever changing landscape of our AZ back country.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Since I'm meeting some friends in the mountains later this week, I got started on my seat mount/tunnel backdate on the '75 RS/RSR-look:

IMG_6235 (002).jpg

Roll bar baseplates and dead pedal up next.
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

I know the 3.0 RSs had the 73 style seat mounting arrangement, but the factory got smart in 74 with the production 911s and put the much more practical mounts with spacing that fit the mounting bolt holes for both Recaro and Scheel seats with only simple sliders needed. The earlier arrangement required heavier cross brace pieces with sliders on the seats.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

The later mount (G) has a better internal reinforcement in the rocker panel as well; it's a stronger arrangement altogether. (although more difficult to lower)
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436