Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

While in Switzerland recently, I spent a half day at the most experienced 911 restoration shop in Switzerland with the owner 'Heini'. He did much work with the Toad Hall ST engine tuning, and other small details on the car. His shop was so full of special 911s it was hard to walk through. My favorite was this yellow IROC car, which had been rebodied years ago after a huge crash. All the original mechanicals have been put into this body, and it looks as good as any IROCs I have seen.

http://www.hs-tuning.ch/index.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Seeing the yellow IROC car gave me some incentive to get back to my red beast. It has been awhile since I posted pics of it....
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Originally was that a twill/tweed interior?
    1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI
    Ferrari 308
    '66 Hertz Shelby 350H
    '68 Shelby 500KR
    '68 Dodge Charger
    TR 6
    450 SL
    MC40
    G35

You and your cars are a real inspiration to many, nice to have you back Gib !

Just stumbled across this thread, very cool cars on display here! Here is my RS 3.0 tribute which started as a 75 US Carrera.

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

Beach.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg
    Last edited by jpsurfer; 08-28-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Hi Gib, hope you're doing ok.

You'll be pleased to know I'm finally moving over to the dark side and will be adding some width to run alongside my narrow arched beauties!

Today I took delivery of this sad looking 77 Carrera 3.0......

....being RHD the plan is to turn it into a 3.0RS based on the ex-Lord Mexborough car.....

....thanks for the wide bodied inspiration Gib, I might have to seek your advice to make sure I get those flares just right!

Cheers,

Darren,

Congrats on stepping outside the long hood, narrow body box! You have a great beginning for a special 3.0 RS tribute. I am glad you are thinking about sourcing the proper flares...they will make the car. Post some progress on this thread when you can....it is very neat to see the interest in these special limited edition 911s from 1974...even though they are short hoods!
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib & Keith, will you be taking your RS 3.0 to Rennsport ? Hope to see you guys there.

Well, Joey, I couldn't bring my 3.0 RS to RRVI because I was committed to driving for Brumos...

Here is a pic confirming that while I will never own one, I do admire the heritage that those 356s bring to the early 911s.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Looking good Gib !!! Hoping you will bring it to Treffen 20 next May. Tks Gib !