Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Tom,

Those early 'tea tray' tails are my fav also...problem is they are so scarce these days especially ones with good rubber. If a guy can find one he should buy just to save it for a project that he will undertake later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

You are very right Gib. There are 3 for sale over on the bird right now. 2 are with the AC vent , and one without the vent. That is the rarest. It’s a nice one for about $6000. The guy with the 2 AC vent ones were around the same. If I was flush with cash I would buy the no vent one for a possible future project. The rubber is good on all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Tom,

Those early 'tea tray' tails are my fav also...problem is they are so scarce these days especially ones with good rubber. If a guy can find one he should buy just to save it for a project that he will undertake later.
    +100

Couldn't agree more. If one falls out of the sky into your hands, let me know.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Over here we call the early "whale tail".
    Later tail "tea tray"
    S Registry#2021

Quote Originally Posted by mrar View Post
    Over here we call the early "whale tail".
    Later tail "tea tray"
    You are right, mrar, I'm so old now I often confuse things up a bit. I never really liked that last tail you posted...the 3.3 Turbo tails...just too clunky for me. I owned 3 different 84 TB Look cars, and I was always tempted to replace the rear lid with the earlier versions, but I didn't keep these cars long enough to complete the effort.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    You are very right Gib. There are 3 for sale over on the bird right now. 2 are with the AC vent , and one without the vent. That is the rarest. It’s a nice one for about $6000. The guy with the 2 AC vent ones were around the same. If I was flush with cash I would buy the no vent one for a possible future project. The rubber is good on all 3.
    Rick,
    I have been out of the loop for so long now, but I am not surprised that these beautiful tails are going for $6k...they were $3k back 6-7 years ago, and they aren't making them anymore...especially the rubber lips.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    +100

Couldn't agree more. If one falls out of the sky into your hands, let me know.
    Tom, I love those shots of the F22 911. I talked John Esposito into building an SCRS replica for himself a few years back. It is such a rare car with only 20 or 21 produced, and it hits all the light weight points that the long hood guys like on this website. If I were young again, I would build one of these for sure!
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 03-05-2024 at 04:14 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

And,…a genuine motor for one is for sale in the for sale section. As Gib said, if I were young again……

Another pic that shows the GR IROC with small torsion hole....

I was lucky to find rear flares for both the LY ST project and this 3.0 RS project...with small torsion holes, which gave me confidence they were factory.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Greg finally got the cold start system working well by connecting the rear window defrost switch (next to cig lighter) to the cold start solenoid. (I removed the rear window defrost glass) This allows him to get 12 volts to the solenoid and run fuel into the stacks for a few seconds making a cold start very easy. The car had been wired using the factory cold start thermo time switch and aux starting relay...but it wasn't working right making it difficult to start the engine. Life is so much better when the engine fires up quickly! He is a happy camper now.

Another nice upgrade...he also installed John Audette's LED headlights awhile back and loves them when he drives at night. They are so much better than the old Bosch H4s putting out light.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17