Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have hagerty ask for a storage inspection?

Anyone else have hagerty ask for a storage inspection?

Received a phone call by some independent contractor from Hagerty that wanted to check out my storage facility. Granted they are insuring some expensive cars but it seems pretty unusual to me. (No claims in the 15 years with them)

Anyone else ever get such a request?

It makes me wonder whether Hagerty can hamale the high end

Who else do people use?

Never heard of it - scam scam scam
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

member #1515
    They asked me for pictures of where my cars would be stored. Easiest thing is to call them and find out. Maybe that horrendous fire was covered by them.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Yes. It's not uncommon. Especially if you are storing a large or very high-value collection.

Considering the liability they take on with the value of cars right now, especialy in light of this fire http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ire+total+loss , can you blame Haggerty for wanting to make sure storage facilities are adequate?
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

They don't insure your car, their underwriters do. It's probably a request from their underwriters. I left Hagerty a couple of years ago...Too many hoops and AAA was cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Do you think they will have any issues with your "off site" storage? I can't imagine it, but if they do, would you please report back?

tks,
    Eric
    I wouldn't think so especially as I have my own building.

Actually I was just moving them, and into a friends storage so closer to me.

His cars are far more valuable than mine.

it is not unusual in a commercial situation. It's about verifying the conditions of the space for various hazards, especially in multi tenant situation. The use and what is stored in the adjoining space can affect your rates if the neighbors present a greater risk for hazard. Also it is not unusual for the fire department to ask for inspection of the premises. It's about limiting risk in an unknown space, especially as the number of vehicles increases. Verify unknown activity ( use of hazardous material etc )

I got a somewhat similar line of questions when I stated my car was somewhere (at the time) other than my own home garage. I was a bit put off by the line of questioning, as I've had cars insured with them for a long time, and no claims.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

It's perfectly reasonable for them to ask as they are working against a mathematical model, and home garages are safest. Most I've had them ask for is a picture of my garage with the insured car in it.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute