Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watch for "Want to Buy" Scammers

Stay the hell away from Florida UNLESS someone YOU TRUST is acting as an agent for you.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post797607
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Latest scammer today in response to my WTB Teka seat belt

jjjohnson768

WTB: seat belt anchor hardware

Yes, i get one for sale, please do contact me for more information and pictures at jamesjson967 at gmail dot com

"Yes i do have the Teka Automoton Seat Belts and mounting hardware in good shape and i am asking for $699.99 and i will be shipping via UPS as i do have an account with them, Kindly see attached for pictures, I will be accepting payment via Money gram. What's your complete shipping address?

Many thanks,

Jj"

Photos were "borrowed" from a previous legitimate post
    New member Nov 2015 Buyer beware

Funny thing, but I remember reading a long time ago that scammers/gypsies commonly used the last name of Johnson ( no offense to any real Johnsons out there) not to mention he had two different Gmail accounts.
    Last edited by CarmelSkip; 11-14-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Same Johnson scammer replied to my WTB '68 fuel/oil lever gauge ad and sends me pic of some late model gauge.

Here's his reply:

Asking for $159.99 and i will be shipping via UPS, Payment will on Western union. Please see attached for pictures.

JJ Johnson - Scammer! I couldn't find his house on Google Earth, his Kentucky phone is a Level 3 landline in NJ, too dumb to know that moneygrams require his phone and street address - took two emails to get his info. I passed . . .

Check the "another scammer"post, JJ has been busy today
    Last edited by CarmelSkip; 11-16-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Yes he has been. Here is the private message I received from a new member with 0 posts:

jjjohnson768

jjjohnson768 is offline Junior Member
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTB: Original 67S sport or Race seats

Yes, i get one for sale, please do contact me for more information and pictures at jamesjson967 at gmail dot com

Beware - RalphLauren / Raphael Powell

This a-hole is a scammer.

He replied to my WTB post for 9x15 Fuchs, used google images from old posts for his pictures (got the first pictures wrong, using 7x15's) and required direct money transfer payment.

Hopefully the mods here will ban this low life.

Scammer Alert

Got this today. In response to the WTB I am running on here and the Pelican.

WTB - '67 911S Heads Need to buy a set of 67 S heads. Rebuildable okay. Please send
    9 Attachment(s) Download All
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for writing. Great ! I have a complete set of original 1967
    911S cylinder heads, date stamped 8-66. The casting number reads
    R901.104.305.02. This set of cylinder heads will need to be rebuilt
    prior to installation. The used valves, springs, keepers and shims are
    included. All parts have been ultrasonically cleaned and inspected.
    There are no cracks or any major defects. The intake valves measure
    42mm and the exhaust valves measure 38mm. The valve seats are in very
    nice shape. Hence, I'm asking $2k for them and will be happy to
    arrange delivery via USPS and a bank deposit payment is expected only.
    What's your mailing address?

Many thanks again and regards,

Jim
    Used same pictures as appeared in Specialty Cars of Allentown ad from 6 months ago.

Wow, very knowledgeable scammer. Could easily fall for a character like that. Thanks for the heads up

Got all his knowledge from Mark Burkett's for sale ad. That where he got the pictures also.