Thread: Adrenalin - the BMW touring car story

Adrenalin - the BMW touring car story

"This is the official trailer for our action documentary ADRENALIN - THE BMW TOURING CAR STORY.
    Coming this November on DVD, Blu-ray and VoD."

This'll definitely be on my Christmas list!

http://vimeo.com/108230034

-Scott

WOW!!!!..... Thanks for the heads-up Scott..... looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Decisions, Decisions

Life is filled with Conflicting Decisions. To drive the 73 "S" or a 73 3.0CS...

I love P cars but have been telling you guys for a couple of years, with Porsche prices so absolutely insane vintage BMWs are an absolute give a way.

A nicely restored driver quality 3.0CS (when you finally find a good one) can be had for around $18- $24K. That is only 35% the cost of a similar condition 73 911T

The 850s (V12 Coupe) which are not quite vintage yet but are still over 20 years old are $10-$20K for a great one with low milage.

My daily driver is a 96 850Ci.

People sometimes go more crazy over the 850Ci then the Porsche or the 3.0CS which is very surprising?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by execmalibu; 10-17-2014 at 01:30 AM.

You are preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned. I took my longhood on a 120 mile trip yesterday;all highway and blustery weather. Not an ideal 911 back road adventure. When I got home and shuffled cars I ran my CSI too long and noticed condensation at the tailpipe so I had to take it for a drive for a proper warm up. The take away from this story: A quick comparison between the types and THESE E9s HAVE THEIR CHARMS!!!! What a GT machine. Maybe I am getting old. However, a Bosch D Jetronic CSI will run with a 911 S in a straight line and if you are a sucky driver like me you can push it on a curvy road and not be afraid of it like I am with my 911 so it's fun there, too. And, when a skilled 911 driver loses you on a twisty road? You simply pull over and get out of the E9 and look at it. From every angle. All better now. If you want to "CSL Gruppe", you can make them handle. The rust issue is murder on these cars, for sure. BTW Exec, those are nice looking coupes...probably a bit North of your price guidelines. Mine has some warts so it does fall in your guidelines. Worth every penny!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Early S Registry #2075
    "You could be a crowd pleaser and still win . . . "

Yes with prices going up, i am back to getting a BMW againg after 25 years of owner ship. Thos time i will get a M3 Roberto series.
    Beautiful cars the above 3.0
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

What a bout a decent daily driver 928 "super car" for $3k - how bout that ??
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I can't wait to see the CSLs in this film. But while I wait, a shameless plug for my Frances. They are beautiful from every angle, and beautifully finished interiors.

coupe.jpg
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)