Thread: Fast Food Drive - Cheesesteak Run to Benefit Philabundance - 11/15/2014

Fast Food Drive - Cheesesteak Run to Benefit Philabundance - 11/15/2014

We've always done a Cheesesteak Run in the Spring, so I figured doing one in the fall would be a nice way to get one last drive in before putting the Winter tires on! And since it will occur in mid-November, we'll also raise donations for Philabundance - the region’s largest hunger relief organization. It provides food to approximately 72,000 people per week through a network of nearly 500 member agencies including food cupboards, shelters, emergency kitchens, and more.

I'll be collecting money and food ahead of time, but will also have boxes on site which I will take to Philabundance after the meet is over. If you have another organization that is closer to your heart, I encourage you to donate to that one in addition to Philabundance. Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for what we have, and also give a little helping hand to those who are not as fortunate.

See more at: http://www.philabundance.org

11/15/2014
    1:00 pm - 4:00pm
    Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks
    39 East Oregon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19148

Parking - the best place to park is across from Tony Luke's ,under I-95, in Flat Iron Philly's parking lot. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces. There is also a small parking lot next to Tony Luke's for about 20 cars. The address for Flat Iron Philly is 26 East Oregon Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19148. Tony Luke's still owns this lot, so it will not be an issue parking there.

Bump! I've already collected $75 and will be buying a number of food items to take with me on the drive. See you all in a couple weeks!

Hey everyone. Unfortunately I've been scheduled to work on 11/15 (and possibly 11/16) and can't get out of it. It was last minute and I wasn't expecting to have to work that day when I planned the event.

Would one or two people be willing to collect the food at Tony Luke's and drive it over to Philabundance afterwards? I hate to have to ask this, but if we don't have any volunteers then I think we'd have to cancel the event (or at least the food drive part of it).

Please respond if you are willing/able to help out, or offer other ideas.

We had three people step up to the plate so it looks like we're covered!

It's supposed to be sunny and in the mid 40's this Saturday. Might be a tad chilly in the morning, but will be nice once the sun is out. This is going to be a great event to collect food for the less fortunate. Spread the word, this is not limited to any particular type of car.

When I first organized the event, I had no idea what to expect in terms of how much food we'd collect. I personally have about 150 pounds to donate to Philabundance, so I am hoping we can reach the 300 pounds mark!

Today's the big day! Please drive safely, and please take LOTS of pictures for me since I can't make it!

Thanks to Mo for letting me fill the trunk of his E60 M5 with food and taking it to Philly for me. Thanks to Phillip, Demarco and Vincent for taking the donated food to Philabundance.

And thanks in advance to everyone who will be donating food and/or money to help feed the hungry this fall!