Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panorama Issue 691...... Wow.

Panorama Issue 691...... Wow.

This was a total experience from cover to cover....... Peter Stout congratulations on an amazing transition!

From Who needs coffee to Street Talk (now I want a GTS) to Prescott's 930 article to the reconfigured Mart.....

It was all about Porsche..... a fanatic's reading holiday....

Good bye Excellence Subscription......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I agree that Pano is getting MUCH better then Excellence, month after month !

JD
    1970S Coupe, Blood orange #1436
    1965 Coupe, Dolphin gray #1506

R Gruppe #647 ; S Registry #1666

Quote Originally Posted by RS-GT View Post
    I agree that Pano is getting MUCH better then Excellence, month after month !
    JD
    +1. Sadly it seems to be a zero sum game ;-) Pano is fantastic now (except that I skip the club parts), Excellence is not as good as it used to be... I had hoped to have my cake and eat it too !
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Greg D. View Post
    +1. Sadly it seems to be a zero sum game ;-) Pano is fantastic now (except that I skip the club parts), Excellence is not as good as it used to be... I had hoped to have my cake and eat it too !
    I'm thrilled to see such excellence in Panorama magazine but I'm with you, Greg - I wish it wasn't a zero-sum game. I've been an Excellence subscriber since before they called it Excellence and am sad to say I doubt I'll renew my subscription again.

-Scott

Quote Originally Posted by smclaughlin View Post
    I'm thrilled to see such excellence in Panorama magazine but I'm with you, Greg - I wish it wasn't a zero-sum game. I've been an Excellence subscriber since before they called it Excellence and am sad to say I doubt I'll renew my subscription again.

-Scott
    I may not go that far myself... I mean, it's still a decent mag with good articles now and then, and mag subs cost peanuts in the US ;-) The more the merrier. But it really looks like Pete was the main reason for the goodness, and that transferred over to Pano.
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Randy Wells still writes for Excellence, that is a good thing. I think Dave Conklin also.

I think Excellence is still a great magazine, and it provides an independent source of opinion on various Porsche offerings and history. And I agree with Rick, Randy and others write very good articles that offer honest descriptions on a number of different kinds of 911/914 experiences that the community needs. All I need is one great article on pre-95 911s to bring out a satisfied grin, and then revisit later to review the details about a car presented that has unique features. The subscription cost is inconsequential...we need to keep this Porsche voice.

But I agree, the October issue of Pano is outstanding. I love the 13 pages on the 930/911 Turbo...one of the best for the research req'd to get all the data together in one place. That article alone will make this issue survive in my files.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 10-23-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I was considering dropping my PCA membership until Pete moved over to Pano. Now there is no way I would drop that membership. Pano is well worth the price of admission. Fantastic hire for PCA.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

LOVED Prescott Kelly's article on the 930.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    I think Excellence is still a great magazine, and it provides an independent source of opinion on various Porsche offerings and history. And I agree with Rick, Randy and others write very good articles that offer honest descriptions on a number of different kinds of 911/914 experiences that the community needs. All I need is one great article on pre-95 911s to bring out a satisfied grin, and then revisit later to review the details about a car presented that has unique features. The subscription cost is inconsequential...we need to keep this Porsche voice.

But I agree, the October issue of Pano is outstanding. I love the 13 pages on the 930/911 Turbo...one of the best for the research req'd to get all the data together in one place. That article alone will make this issue survive in my files.
    +1

It's good to have more than one print book on Porsche stateside, not only for enthusiasts but for the people who make the books possible—contributors like Randy and Dave. Which reminds me...I owe Randy a call. Probably Dave, too.

Thanks for the notes, all—and the support.

pete