Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: GT3 - All Variants

Here's one I just saw listed on the bird. Nice color.

Scott

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...tlas-grey.html
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Don A's car is NFS. He saw the light.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Most 996 GT3 owners are kind of delusional about their worth....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

That's what I said about the RS I drove in 2004.

These may not go to the moon but they're certainly a better value than anything else out here and there aren't as many as you'd like to believe; something like 960 in the US.
    When they go to the track and get destroyed it's good for the market. RSA's are a prime example.

http://www.rsamerica.net/In_Memoriam.htm And I know there are more that will never see that place because they were fixed off the books.

Here's a '14 GT3 already wadded up.

Read my signature again (and again).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

We had a 996GT3...awesome car that i wish we had kept.

More so than our 997.2RS the GT3 felt like an old 911 in terms of feel.

The 997.2RS is in a totally different league.

Just back from a day at Whiteman airport with Chuck, Fred, Hector and a few of the other old schoolers where there was a little car show mingled between some awesome vintage aircraft. My GT3 was parked along side Chucks Blue S and it really looked right at home there. The lines are really growing on me, and I always look forward to climbing in, twisting the key, and going for a drive, even if it's for laundry detergent at TJ's. It truly is an awesome machine that gets better and better every year. My .02 of course

Maybe Chuck took a pic or two that he will link. My cell battery keeled over while there so no pics from me.
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Bob asked me to pick up his newly-purchased low-mile '08 GT3 (what in the HELL was he thinking? I beat the living s#&t out of this thing ... shhhh ) and store it at my shop for a while. So I got to spend a couple of hours behind the wheel today (obeying all traffic laws and keeping the revs well under 4K at all times) unfortunately on some undemanding 2-laners. Nonetheless, it was one very impressive ride. Deceptively quick. Seems like it would be as at home on a cross-country trek as it would be on one's favorite crooked roads. Ridiculously high performance limits - would love to explore those on-track sometime. Definitely more refined than the 996 GT3 I had previously driven (which is a more 'raw' driving experience as some have already commented).

All cleaned up and nowhere to go!
    Sm GT3 Rear.jpg
    Sm GT3 Front.jpg
    Sm GT3 Fron 2.jpg

I'm thinking we should also post the link for the GT3 on-board rally vids here to make it easier to find:

Click Here: "More 997 GT3 On-Board" (although both 996 and 997 versions are shown). Damnnnnn! Just watched that first one again. Good clean fun (and somewhat similar to my drive home in Bob's car today).

Maybe Chuck took a pic or two that he will link. My cell battery keeled over while there so no pics from me.
    Sorry brother... not one of your new beast.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

My new favorite video of a '14 GT3. This guy can work the back markers.

Last edited by sithot; 10-25-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111