Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1967 S Basket Case - Guidance.

1967 S Basket Case - Guidance.

Guys,

I own a couple 3.2 Carreras and have wanted a SWB longhood for a while. I have found an actual S in complete basket case status. It has all the gauges (7.2k redline) and the 30, 60, 60 , etc. speedo, but the motor does not turn and there is rust in the sills, rear fenders and floorboards. all the parts seem t be there including the Fuchs. It looks to be Chiffon Yellow but weathered and rusty. I KNOW this is way light on info, but any guesses on value? Thanks.

I've got a detached house on the west coast of Scotland with three windows at the front and a brown back door. What do you think it's worth?

Regards
    Mike

Sorry cant help with the car but sounds expensive (once you've finished it)
    Last edited by 210bhp; 10-24-2014 at 02:55 AM.
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Who owns the car??? Does he follow the values of these? If not start at $5,000,,,,,,and be prepared to go higher,,,,,unless of course he takes the first offer, then you're in great shape. Let the horse trading begin
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Who owns the car??? Does he follow the values of these?
    "Chiffon yellow" tells me the seller may know a lot more than the buyer.

I think I would look for local expert assistance or it could get expensive.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

I hope you have deep pockets beyond the purchase price or you can do all the work yourself. We have 4 or 5 1967S's in our shop and none will leave under 100K in restoration work. Body work on these cars done well takes time. People see these cars sell for big numbers. Most of those cars had big numbers spent on them or truly talented DIY'ers spend a few years on those cars to get them that way. It's not the rust you see that costs, it's the rust and holes you'll find later. As Mike said, find someone who really knows these cars well to look at it before you part with your money.
    Good luck on your find, I hope it works out.
    Chris

If it looks rusty from what you can see; at least double that when you take the car apart. If you have to do floors, inner and outer sills, parcel shelf and a bunch of under body holes etc. By the time you paint and interior work and suspension work---yes it WILL be close to 100K. SWB cars almost automatically get a front pan as well. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Thanks guys. Still trying to work a deal. The 6-figure restoration budget does give me pause....but I don't need it done in a year, so I can swing it. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by carsandcapp View Post
    Thanks guys. Still trying to work a deal. The 6-figure restoration budget does give me pause....but I don't need it done in a year, so I can swing it. Thanks again.
    Oh, trust me, it will take over a year, and could easily approach/surpass six figures. (I've just completed such a project).
    One way to establish a value is to work backward from the finish-line. Start with the end in sight.
    What do you want when finished, Pebble Beach or Daytona Beach? Show car or good driver?
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

member #1515
    100K with rust, are you kidding? Is that just body and paint? On a car in bins?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

given current labour rates of shops who can do the work right, a restoration of a basket case is easy 6 figures.
    Metal work alone would be expensive.
    Mechancial rebuild would be expensive.
    Correct parts are expensive.

You can see how a restoration can quickly add up to the market value of these cars.
    But at least the market value is high enough to warrant it.

I am considering one....
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com