Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche dealership in 1970 San Francisco area , help requested for my quest !

Porsche dealership in 1970 San Francisco area , help requested for my quest !

Hi all,

I am looking for the origins of one of my Porsches. It was delivered new in 1970 in the San Francisco area.
    I found the name of the first owner and based on that and a few other things I found on the net I narrowed down my search to 1 dealership: ELY PORSCHE+AUDI 19100 Mission Blvd. Hayward, CA.

Now I am stuck. The certificat of authenticity is not specific (Dealer:UF San Francisco) and the dealership does not exist anymore.

My car nb is 9110111731

Can anyone help me with filling the gaps ( info about the dealership, pictures, US delivery details, etc..) ?

Thank's already for your help !

Looks like it made it to 1981...

http://www.californiacompanieslist.c...che-audi-rdxa/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thank's Peter,

From 1955 till 1981, that covers the delivery year 1970. So far so good

Period pictures or files from that dealership would be great but i am realistic...

Great Plate frame ! yours ?

I lived in SF for a short period of time around this time while in college. I use to go to the Porsche Dealer on VanNess around Sacramento or California and sit and just drool over the 911's in the showroom hoping that one day I would have one. After a while the sellsmen just left me alone.

My 71 S was delivered also to the same area, and I researched it a few years ago and traced it back to an Oakland CA dealer. There was Carl Carlsen I believe, and Stan Carlsen, both in Oakland/San Fransico.
    1969 911 E #824

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by xpensivewino View Post
    My 71 S was delivered also to the same area, and I researched it a few years ago and traced it back to an Oakland CA dealer. There was Carl Carlsen I believe, and Stan Carlsen, both in Oakland/San Fransico.
    Stan Carlsen was a San Francisco VW dealer
    Carl Carlsen acquired Gus Mozart P+A (Palo Alto) in 1973
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Carl Block was the Porsche dealer into the early 60s in Oakland, followed by Martin Johnson Porsche/Audi.
    Ely VW opened Ely Porsche/VW in Hayward and moved to Pleasanton, Ca before selling and getting a new name.

Regards

Jim

Ely

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    . . . Ely VW opened Ely Porsche/VW in Hayward and moved to Pleasanton, Ca before selling and getting a new name . . .
    There's an Ely Volkswagen --- located at 3851 East 14th, Oakland, 94601 . . . listed as a Porsche dealer in April '69

According to the '70 + '72 PDLs that I have, Ely Porsche Audi was located at 19100 Mission Blvd, Hayward

Interestingly --- Team Lucas Porsche Audi is listed at that same address for 1971 only
    Last edited by LongRanger; 10-26-2014 at 09:43 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Carlsen(s) + Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    . . . Stan Carlsen was a San Francisco VW dealer . . .
    According to the '68 + '69 PDLs, Stan Carlsen was also a Porsche dealer . . .

426/043/1
    Stan Carlsen, Inc
    1900 19th Ave, San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    . . . Carl Carlsen acquired Gus Mozart P+A (Palo Alto) in 1973 . . .
    Carl Carlsen was also a 'listed' dealer, doing business under several names + at several addresses in The City . . .

'68 - '69 . . .
    426/045/1
    Carl R. Carlsen, Inc
    1600 Van Ness Ave

'70
    California Porsche Audi
    1701 Van Ness Ave

'70 - '72
    Carlsen Porsche Audi
    same-same

As far as I can tell, Gus Mozart was always in Palo Alto . . .

'68 . . .
    426/024/1
    Gus Mozart Volkswagen
    825 El Camino Real

. . . in '69, moving to . . .
    1766 Embarcadero Road

. . . then, in 1970, moving/becoming . . .

Mozart Porsche Audi
    1730 Embarcadero Road

HtH!

We Can Be Heroes