Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restoration of my 911 steering wheel by Alan Gun Leather Acc.

Restoration of my 911 steering wheel by Alan Gun Leather Acc.

My 73 911 steering wheel (leather) needs to be restored. I've been watching an auction by Alan Gun for redoing the wheel to factory original. Has anyone
    had their wheel restored by them and how did it turn out? Is $279 a fair price? Does anyone have a better recommendation?

Thanks Jerry Landes

be patient, I had him do a momo wheel for me, and the work was very well done.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

had them "fat wrap" an RS style oe 914 wheel....

work was very average.

btw, 279 is dirt cheap...most better shops will be like 450 on up....

have had them do two- happy with the results. Wrap on the 70 was perfect. Wrap on the 75 was less than perfect because the steering wheel underneath was in pretty bad shape. Certainly good for the price and they have been quick. If you are trying to do a 100 point concours car though- you might check with Autobahn- if I recall, they also wrap steering wheels.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

I have heard good things about Dallas Steering Wheel.
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

Quote Originally Posted by mohrgan View Post
    I have heard good things about Dallas Steering Wheel.
    +1 Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

When either of these companies do MOMO's do the redone wheels have the MOMO stamp in the leather ?
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

I got a kit from them in the 90s to re do my 71 wheel. It came with the needle ,string and the leather and it came out pretty well if I do say so myself, the swearing was audible for 2 houses down but that is pretty normal/therapeutic for me. S

Stay away, far away, do not deal with Alan, got nothing but excuses for 2 years from him never resolved the issue lost $65.00 for a kit. Do a search on this site and google him. I ended up sending the wheel to Dallas custom steering wheel, the wheel was recovered perfectly. He had it done within 1 week of receiving it. Never had better service from anyone, this guy is great!

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rvdv View Post
    Stay away, far away, do not deal with Alan, got nothing but excuses for 2 years from him never resolved the issue lost $65.00 for a kit. Do a search on this site and google him. I ended up sending the wheel to Dallas custom steering wheel, the wheel was recovered perfectly. He had it done within 1 week of receiving it. Never had better service from anyone, this guy is great!
    + 1

That Alan Tool destroyed one of my wheels

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606